The Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) is offering Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships for the year 2017. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The goal of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships is to enhance the creative and innovative potential of experienced researchers, wishing to diversify their individual competence in terms of skill acquisition through advanced training, international and intersectoral mobility.
The Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) is an independent, non-profit research Institute in the heart of Vienna (Austria). It brings together high-level expertise from economists, sociologists, and political scientists to address fundamental economic and social problems and policy choices.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: IHS welcomes Expressions of Interest by postdoctoral researchers of any nationality, to apply jointly with an IHS host supervisor to the EC Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Scheme 2017, within the following research areas:
- Behavioural and experimental economics
- Comparative electoral studies, parliamentarism in the EU
- Demography, pensions and social policy
- Energy policy and security in the EU
- Health and long term care policy, health services research
- Impact of techno-scientific innovations on contemporary and future societies
- Macroeconomic forecasting, macroeconomic policy, taxation
- Socio-ecological transformation in the fields of mobility, food or labor.
Scholarship Award: Applicants will get Living allowance around EUR 4.870 per month, Mobility allowance around EUR 600 per month, Family allowance around EUR 500 per month.
Eligibility: Eligibility Criteria for Marie Sklodowska-Curie if at a glance1: –
- Experienced researchers: Researchers in possession of a doctoral degree or with at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Mobility rule: At the time of the deadline for submission of proposals (= 14 September 2017) the researcher must not have worked or resided in Austria for more than 12 months within the past 3 years.
- Funding for researchers: Living allowance around EUR 4.870 per month, Mobility allowance around EUR 600 per month, Family allowance around EUR 500 per month.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
Application Procedure: Your Expression of Interest consists of
- A Cover Letter (including information on which research area(s) you apply for, see above),
- Your Curriculum Vitae and
- A max. 3-Page Research Proposal Summary.
Your Expression of Interest has to be provided in ENGLISH and has to be COMPLETE to be taken into consideration. Please EMAIL your “Expression of Interest (EOI): Marie Sklodowska-Curie IF” to SYLVIA KARL-PARZER – parzer(at)ihs.ac.at – by 11 April 2017 at the latest. EOI results will be announced in late May 2017. Selected candidates will THEN be invited to prepare their full proposal with their supervisor. Assistance with regards to proposal development and submission will also be provided by IHS.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 11, 2017.