The Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies is offering scholarships to pursue PhD research programme at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU) or the University of Regensburg. These scholarships are open to graduates of any university who hold a master degree, Magister, Staatsexamen or diploma as well as graduates of international universities with comparable qualifications.
PhD Scholarships are awarded a basic monthly stipend of 1.365 Euro, plus travel funds, grants for material costs as well as child-care expenses in accordance with DFG guidelines where applicable.
The Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies is a cooperative venture organised by the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU) and the University of Regensburg. The School is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative.
Graduate School intends to create an internationally renowned centre of excellence for East and Southeast European studies.
Applicants must have knowledge of German and English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD research programme at Graduate School of East and Southeast European Studies (either at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU) and the University of Regensburg).
Available Subject: Research at the Graduate School is conducted in three broad interdisciplinary fields: Origins and Forms of Social and Political Change, Cultural Systems and Infrastructure, Migration and Transfer of Knowledge.
Research Associate positions: These positions are assigned to conduct an independent PhD project. The remuneration is based on Grade E 13 (65%) of the German Public Service Salary Scale. It includes a teaching obligation of one semester hour per week.
PhD Scholarships: PhD Scholarships are awarded a basic monthly stipend of 1.365 Euro, plus travel funds, grants for material costs as well as child-care expenses in accordance with DFG guidelines where applicable.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Very good graduate degree (Master’s, Magister, Diploma, State Examination or equivalent degree)
- Independent research project within the fields of interest to the Graduate School
- Interest in interdisciplinary research questions and sensitivity for transnational and spatial perspectives
- Knowledge of German and English
- Knowledge of the language of the object of studies
Eligible Nationality: German and international students can apply for these PhD scholarships.
How to Apply: Please submit the complete application online.
- Research proposal of 4 to 6 pages
- Work plan and time schedule
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degree certificates (after higher education entrance qualification)
- Abstract of the Master’s thesis
- List of publications if applicable
- References by two university professors
Application Deadline: Deadline for applications is August 15, 2017.