The University of Manchester is offering four School of Social Sciences – Economics Discipline Area Studentships for the year 2017. Studentships are available for students of all nationalities.
These master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The University of Manchester is a Russell Group University. With almost 40,000 students, it boasts the largest student community in the UK.
Students whose first language is not English are required to hold a minimum overall score of 7 in the IELTS test with 7 in writing and no subsection below 6.5, or an equivalent score in the IBT- TOEFL, PEARSON, or Cambridge CAE.
Degree Level: This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study: Postgraduate research.
Available Subject: Studentships are awarded in the field of Economics.
Scholarship Benefits: Home Fees or overseas fees
- £17,210 annual maintenance stipend
- Students can apply for certain research expenses from the Research Training Support Grant.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Normally, distinction or 1st class, in exceptional cases, high-merit will be considered.
Nationality: This funding is available to all nationalities.
English Language Requirement: The required English language scores are:
- An overall IELTS score of 7.0, with at least 7.0 in the writing component and at least 6.5 in all other components
- An internet-based TOEFL score of 100, with at least 25 in the writing component and at least 22 in all other components
How to Apply: Full on-line application which must include;
- Research proposal
- Two academic references
- Degree certificate and transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Name of preferred supervisor (include this information on the application form).
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 15, 2017.
There are three rounds of admissions deadlines for candidates in Economics. The deadlines are:
- Round 1: 15 January 2017
- Round 2: 2 April 2017
- Round 3: 30 June 2017
Please be aware that decisions on applications will not be made until after each round deadline
If you wish to be considered for ESRC/NWDTC funding then you must have submitted your complete programme application before the January 2017 deadline.