12 Fully Funded Lehmann-Haupt International Scholarship at Ilia State University in Georgia, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at Ilia State University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Ilia State University is proud to announce a call for applications within the “Lehmann-Haupt International Doctoral Programme”. Up to 12 fully scholarships are available to International students.
Ilia State University was founded in 2006, as a result of the unification of 6 different academic institutes with long and varied histories. Currently, Ilia State University is one of the leading research and educational institutions in Georgia. Ilia State represents a special connection between students and professors – a multifunctional educational and scientific institution where the joint work of professors, students, researchers, and instructors creates a unified space for higher education and research.
Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral degree programme.
Scholarships are awarded doctoral projects within a structured Cotutelle-based framework and obtain a Ph.D. degree by each of the two universities (double degree).
Funding granted by the German VolkswagenStiftung and the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia allows the allocation of full scholarships to each of the 12 participants. Funding granted by the German VolkswagenStiftung and the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia allows the allocation of full scholarships (500 Euro per month) to each of the 12 participants (maximum until December 2021).
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 12 scholarships are available.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be considered eligible to apply the following criteria has to be met by the applicant:
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification enabling to doctoral studies in the country, in which the academic degree/qualification was awarded.
- English language proficiency of at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and capability of conducting doctoral studies and thesis writing in English.
- Only additionally: German language proficiency of at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and capability of conducting doctoral studies and thesis writing in German. In this case, English language proficiency of at least B2 is still necessary for attending the programme’s transdisciplinary skills training!
- Another PhD project with a research subject corresponding to the chosen topic has not been started yet. Otherwise, the PhD project must not last for more than one year before the date of application submission.
- Full-Time Commitment: Only candidates who will devote their full time to their PhD project will be admitted to the programme. In return for the full scholarship, the programme’s participants are expected not to seek additional non-academic employment alongside their PhD project.
Applications must be submitted by E-Mail to doctoralschool-at-iliauni.edu.ge by the end of the application deadline. Please indicate “International Doctoral Programme” in the subject line.
Submission of the Application and Deadline
- Applications must be submitted in English. Documents issued in languages other than English can only be recognized if submitted in combination with a notarially certified translation.
- Applications must be submitted by E-Mail to doctoralschool-at-iliauni.edu.ge by the end of the application deadline. Please indicate “International Doctoral Programme” in the subject line.
- The application documents (see below under VI.) must be scanned and compiled into one PDF (one e-mail attachment only!). Other file formats will not be accepted.
March 9, 2018