12 PhD Positions in Computer Science for International Students in Italy, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Computer Science taught at University of Pisa . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for 12 PhD Positions in Computer Science at the University of Pisa covering three years: Nov 2017 – Oct 2020 to study in Italy. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.
Since 1982, when it was established, our PhD in Computer Science aims to train researchers and innovators in Information Science and Technology, so our PhD students are involved since the beginning in the research activities, they are invited to attend monographic courses and international Ph.D. schools, as well as to spend study and research periods in academic and industrial research centers in Italy and abroad.
The University of Pisa is an Italian public research university located in Pisa, Italy. It was founded in 1343 by an edict of Pope Clement VI. It is the 19th oldest extant university in the world and the 10th oldest in Italy.
Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
Positions are awarded in the field of Computer Science.
Fellowships are increased by 50% for periods of research visits abroad. Extra funding is available for participation in international conferences, schools, workshops, and short research visits.
Number of Scholarships:
12 positions are available.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This Ph.D. is a joint collaboration between the University of Pisa and the Universities of Florence and Siena. One of the 12 Ph.D. fellowships is specifically reserved for students which got their master degree outside Italy, and one fellowship is devoted to researches on ICT for Industry 4.0. Fellowships are increased by 50% for periods of research visits abroad. Extra funding is available for participation in international conferences, schools, workshops, and short research visits. The language of the Ph.D. program is English.
- The candidate must be in possession of the old system or specialist/teaching degree or equivalent degree suitable stranger.The suitability of the foreign qualification is assessed by the Selection Board or by the teachers of the course. The qualification required for access to the course must be completed by 31 October prior to the start of the course. The admitted student in “surplus” is to achieve the degree by the date of registration.
Applicants, owners of an equivalent foreign qualification for the level, nature, content and academic rights (access to more courses), the Italian academic qualification required for access to the PhD program, may, where appropriate, submit the documents relating to consular degree (translation, legalization and declaration of value) for the sole purpose of facilitating the assessment of the admission papers of the course.
- The application is still subject to an evaluation of foreign qualifications for the sole purpose of registration to a doctorate, by the examining board or by the teachers of the course. In order to ensure dell’equiparabilità assessment of foreign qualification, candidates are still highly recommended to support the application with the aforementioned consular documents (translation, legalization, declaration of value) and other appropriate documentation needed to verify the elements of the foreign qualification (Diploma Supplement, Transcript of Records, certificates of ENIC-NARIC centers, etc.). The absence of such documents could prejudice the assessment of a foreign qualification as admission requirement in the event that the Board of Examiners (or the Academic Board) is not able to declare the aforementioned necessary and comparability.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.
During the online application, the following documents must be uploaded:
• The curriculum together with any relevant documentation
• A research project (only if listed in Attachment An available at the bottom of the page)
• The degree of study accompanied by the documents referred to in Article 3 of the competition notice
• References and their contact details (email addresses and telephone numbers) (only if indicated in Attachment an available at the bottom of the page)
Failure to upload the curriculum and/or the research project is not a reason for exclusion. The candidate is required to submit separate curricula for each selection he/she is applying for. Sending only the curriculum does not mean registering for the competition notice.
The deadline for applications is July 19, 2017.