Scholarship Description: The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow are inviting applications for joint four-year PhD studentships, for entry in academic year 2019/20. This scholarship is open to home, EU and international students.
Scholarship Provider: The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow are research-intensive institutions with a combined population of over 5,000 postgraduate research students. Theirresearchers investigate a range of fundamental and applied disciplines, from improving the health of human and animals in the UK and globally to understanding the causes of inequalities, deprivation, and marginalisation.
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination, and curation of knowledge.
Applicants must be liable for the overseas rate of tuition fee. Students of every nationality are required to prove their English language competence.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Students are invited to apply for projects in three areas: One Health, Criminology, and Future Cities.
Scholarship Benefits: The University has 12 scholarships available covering a stipend, tuition fees at Home/EU rates and travel funds.
- 4 years stipend at UKRI rates (estimated to be in the region of £15,000 for 2019/20)
- Annual research support budget of £2,000
- Travel support costs of £1,000
- Tuition fee waiver at Home/EU rates
Number of Scholarships: 12 scholarships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: This scholarship is open to home, EU and international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applications are invited from outstanding students from any location. International students should note that the difference between Home/EU fees and international fees will be covered by the student.
- Prospective students should review the list of potential project proposals. Queries regarding eligibility can be directed to the theme leads of either university.
- Applicants should register their details online. Please note that this is not an application to study at the respective universities.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants may submit applications, via email to pgr-at-glasgow.ac.uk, up until the application deadline of 5.00pm, Monday 21 January 2019.
Required documentation should be submitted as a combined PDF document using the file name ‘<Theme>, <applicant first name surname>’ (for example: ‘One Health, Phillipa Dean’).
- Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow PhD Studentship Application Form (120.5 KB Word)
- Two references
- Degree transcripts (translations should be provided if the originals are not in English)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if relevant)
Deadline: January 21, 2019