18 PhD Scholarships for Foreign Applicants at University of Trento in Italy, 2017-2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Biomolecular sciences taught at University of Trento . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for the 33rd cycle of 18 PhD Scholarships in Biomolecular Sciences at the University of Trento for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. Italian and foreign applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
About University: The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Biomolecular Sciences.
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applications for doctoral positions are accepted from Italian as well as foreign applicants, regardless of gender and age, provided their eligibility by possessing:
a) an Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
b) an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “Laurea specialistica”, AFAM), or
c) an equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent1 by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the PhD Programme. Any degree in a scientific and technological area will be given preferential status.
- Applications are also accepted from students expecting to obtain the required degree by October 31st, 2017. Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful applicants who have not yet graduated will be “conditional” and the applicant will have to submit to the Doctorate Office S&T (via email to phd.officest-at-unitn.it) by November 6th, 2017, on penalty of exclusion, a certificate or self-declaration of the degree awarded.
- Applicants with a foreign qualification who do not have a legally recognized title equivalent to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/vecchio ordinamento) will be considered on hold in requesting the equivalence in their application. In this case, the applicant is requested to attach the necessary supporting documents. The Admissions Committee may require the applicants to provide additional documentation in order to assess their eligibility. The ID list of applications whose foreign academic qualifications have been considered not eligible for admission to the selection will be available on the web page of the admission procedure.
Eligible Nationality: Italian, as well as foreign applicants, are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Italy PhD Scholarships
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online. The University will accept any additional documents to the submitted application if sent by email to ateneo-at-unitn.it (Subject: “Application ID number- candidate’s Surname and Name – Doctorate in Biomolecular Sciences – 33° cycle – Supplement to application”) by August 23rd, 2017 at 04:00 p.m. Italian time. Additional documents submitted by other means will be disregarded.
- Identifying document (ID): A copy of the applicant’s valid identity card (only EU citizens) or passport (non-EU citizens), in particular of the pages reporting his/her photograph, personal data, number, place and date of issue, expiry date and signature;
- Academic certificate: Italian qualification and foreign qualification.
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum
- Summary of the degree thesis
- Applicants who already obtained the title must attach copy of the thesis frontispiece that includes title and name of the supervisor. Applicants who haven’t obtained the degree yet must submit a declaration (Annex B) that includes contact details of the thesis supervisor.
- A letter of motivation
- English language certification establishing a minimum level of B1 according to CEFR9.
- A brief research project in English
- Only for those interested in the admission to the Transdisciplinary programme in Computational Biology.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 23, 2017.