2013 Amsterdam Merit Scholarships in Netherlands is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .2013 University of Amsterdam offers Master’s Scholarships for International Student in Netherlands
Study subject is social science.
This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level.
University of Amsterdam
Scholarship can be taken at:
- Hold non-EEA nationality or nationalities only.
- Not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan.
- Not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA.
- Not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship.
- Have submitted a complete application to one of the English-taught, selective Master’s programmes of the GSSS.
- Have been (or will be) admitted to one of the English-taught, selective Master’s programmes of the GSSS.
- Be enrolled at the time of receipt of the scholarship as a full time student in one of the English-taught, selective Master’s programmes offered by the GSSS.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- Demonstrate a financial need.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. As from September 2007, outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.The Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) have specifically been designed by the Universiteit van Amsterdam to offer talented and hard-working non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the academic fields covered by the UvA. The AMS programme is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship.
Number of awards offered:
Duration of award(s):
A scholarship granted for one academic year cannot be transferred to another academic year.
What does it cover?
The scholarship consists of € 6,000, € 9,000 or € 12,000, but awards are based on the comprehensive financial plan.
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by their academic records, letters of recommendation, written work and/or publications and their proposed research questions.
- The quality of their letter of motivation.
Applicants will be informed before the end of May or October.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is by email.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Application deadline for the September 2013 intake:
1 April 2013 for international students.
1 August 2013 for Dutch degree students.
Further Scholarship Information and Application