2013 Utrecht Sylff Scholarships for International Students at Utrecht University in Netherlands is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is . Utrecht University offers Master’s Scholarships for International Students in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences (including Economics) in Netherlands 2013
Master’s programme in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences (including Economics) at Utrecht University.
: This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level.
Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF) Utrecht University.
Scholarship can be taken at:
- Be a student or recent graduate of one of the programmes mentioned above.
- Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”).
- Have been admitted to one of the international Master’s programmes of Utrecht University in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences (including Economics).
- Submit application documents that are accurate, complete and consistent (see application procedure).
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch residence permit (if applicable).
Scholarship Open for International Students
: This Scholarship is open for for international students.
: The Utrecht Sylff Scholarship offers a number of outstanding prospective graduates from University College Utrecht and the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics the opportunity to pursue a Master’s programme in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences (including Economics) at Utrecht University. The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only the very best candidates are eligible for a Sylff grant. Candidates for the grant need to have potential leadership qualities.
Number of awards offered:
Four Scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s):
Selected students will receive a scholarship for a maximum period of 12 months. It is not possible to extend the grant.
What does it cover?
On average € 6,000 per year.
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- The academic quality and concrete results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the proposed study plan (academic content, academic and personal motivation).
- The feasibility of the proposed study plan (language, intercultural and communication skills).
- The quality and feasibility of the financial plan in the application.
- The quality, relevance and feasibility of a proposed research plan for those applicants whose ambition is to continue with a PhD programme after completion of the Master’s course. Evidence for this is, for example, a concrete innovative proposal, a recommendation by a prospective PhD-advisor, or even an offer of a PhD position, conditional upon the successful completion of the Master’s programme.
- Their leadership qualities.
- The quality of the application itself (level of completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to Apply
: The mode of applying by email.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Do submit your applications till 1 March 2013.
Further Scholarship Information and Application