2014 Switzerland Masters Scholarships for International Students at University of Bern is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
2014 Switzerland Masters Scholarships for International Students at University of Bern
Six outstanding foreign students are eligible for monthly financial support for the duration of a Master’s program. The Master Grant is awarded for all programs offered by the University of Bern with the exception of Bio Medical Sciences.
Value and Duration of Funding:
The monthly payment is 1’600 Swiss Francs (for further information on costs of living in Switzerland, see FAQs). The Grant is first awarded for a period of 13 months starting 1 September 2014. When the Grantee demonstrates academic progress, the Grant is prolonged for the entire regular duration of the Master’s program.
Besides the above-mentioned financial aid, the Grant covers also the ordinary registration- as well as semester fees for the entire regular study period. However it is important to note that all grantees must pay per semester 55 Swiss Francs for administrative costs in the admissions office as well as the membership fee for the student union.
Nomination of the Grantees is a multi-step process. In the first stage the focus lies on the completeness of the application files. A committee of experts will then nominate the Grantees according to criteria of qualifications, potential in the field, academic goals as well as reasons and motivation for choosing to pursue a Master’s degree in Bern.
Eligible for a Grant are Persons:
The Application Must Contain:
- Whose permanent domicile at the time of application is outside of Switzerland,
- And who obtained their Bachelor’s degree outside of Switzerland
- Whose Bachelor’s degree is in the relevant field of study
- Who will graduate with a Bachelor’s degree no later than July 2014
Application Deadline: 30 Nov 2013
Click Here For Details
- The application form;
- A motivation letter, integrated in the application form, in the language of instruction of the chosen Master’s program;
- Recommendation letters by two professors of the home university. These must be printed on official letterhead and duly signed;
- A certificate of language proficiency in the language of instruction, e.g. TOEFL, Goethe-certificate, etc, (Level: German C1, English B2);
- One photocopy of the Bachelor’s degree or a confirmation (no older than three months) from the home university that the applicant will graduate by the end of July 2014;
- One photocopy of the transcript of records;
- One photocopy of the baccalaureate (school-leaving or university entrance certificate).