2015 HEC Scholarships at University of Cambridge in UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
2015 HEC Scholarships at University of Cambridge in UK
Under this category, scholarships awarded every year for Direct PhD & MS/MPhil leading to PhD Program. The award of PhD scholarships jointly funded by HEC and Cambridge Commonwealth Trust (CCT) for the University of Cambridge, UK. These scholarships are for all discipline however provincial and discipline quota is maintained.
To create a critical mass of highly qualified Engineer, Technologists, and Scientists Manpower in high-tech fields
To build up the capacity of Universities, Research & Development Organizations and Industries in Pakistan through addition of PhD’s in priority fields.
Considerable intellectual activity is expected to be generated through this scheme as groups of scientists, technologists and social scientist would be engaged in publishing their research work. It is expected that good number of papers/studies could be produced annually. The scheme would provide our system an impetus for an out-put and productivity. Major organizations & universities would be increasing their R&D by absorbing specialized trained manpower. A number of new R&D Projects having economic returns can thus be launched.
The current scheme would supplement HEC efforts for provision of adequate number of trained PhD manpower, to support technology upgrading, develop high standards of Science & Technology, Humanities and Business education/training in Pakistan and to meet the challenging needs of Pakistan’s economy
Scholarships for University of Cambridge
1. Pakistani nationals
2. Candidates must have minimum sixteen years of education.
3. Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
4. Maximum age on Friday May 15, 2015
a: 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of
the public sector R & D organizations
b: 35 years for all others
5. Applicants need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula
(HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website
6. Applicants must have secured admission into a PhD program in the University of Cambridge for Fall 2015
session. However Master’s Admission in the University of Cambridge will only be accepted if that is required
for the PhD.
Note: The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form:
- 1. Photocopy of confirmed admission for PhD or Master’s leading to PhD Program at the University of Cambridge.
- 2. Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials by gazatted Govt. officer.
- 3. Attested photocopy of CNIC
- 4. CV/Resume
- 5. Statement of Purpose for pursuing higher studies (max. 500 words)
- 6. Research Proposal
- 7. Domicile photocopy attested by gazatted Govt. officer
- Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number (0112-00500119-01), HBL Aabpara Branch Islamabad as processing fee
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
Application form, complete in all respect should reach the undersigned latest by Friday May 15, 2015 through registered mail or courier service. By hand applications will not be entertained.
- 1. Total 5 scholarships are available and all scholarships will be awarded on open merit.
- 2. Scholarships are tenable in all fields of study except those for which clinical-rate fees are charged.
- 3. Candidates having direct admission into PhD will be preferred.
- 4. Funding for a maximum period of 4 years will be provided for higher studies leading to a PhD.
- 5. Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Pakistan for 5 years after completion of study,
- preferably in an institution of Higher Education.
- Not: Incomplete or applications received after due date will not be entertained. In-Service candidates should apply through proper channel.
Rana Shafiq Ahmad
Higher Education Commission
Email: [email protected]