2015 IDS PhD Scholarship at University of Sussex in UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .2015 IDS PhD Scholarship
for Developing Countries, The Institute for Development Studies (IDS) at University of Sussex is offering a PhD scholarship on social dimensions of zoonotic disease. This PhD studentship is linked to the project Social, Economic and Environmental Drivers of Zoonoses in Tanzania (SEEDZ). The studentship is one of seven ZELS-AS studentships that will be allocated to nationals from low- and middle-income of developing countries and for this study preference may be given to nationals from, or researchers working in the East African region. The last date of submission of application is 15 June, 2015
University of Sussex in UK, The Institute for Development Studies (IDS)
Scholarship is is linked to the project Social, Economic and Environmental Drivers of Zoonoses in Tanzania (SEEDZ)
Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarship can be taken at:
The studentship is one of seven ZELS-AS studentships that will be allocated to nationals from low- and middle-income of developing countries, and for this study preference may be given to nationals from, or researchers working in, the East African region.
Applicants from low- and middle-income of developing countries can apply for this scholarship. Preference may be given to nationals from, or researchers working in, the East African region.
What does it cover:
There are a number of additional factors that make working here a very positive experience. These include:
- A competitive incremental pay structure
- 24 days annual leave plus six additional set closure days at Christmas and Easter
- A highly desirable contributory career average salary pension scheme available for all staff
- A commitment to supporting the learning and development of all our staff – both personally and professionally
- A Rewards and Incentive Scheme for Fellows
- A family friendly environment with: excellent maternity benefits; childcare vouchers; campus based nursery; maternity support, parental and adoption leave
- A commitment to flexible working: available to all staff and includes home working options, career break scheme and leave of absence arrangements
- Campus based Occupational Health specialists which includes a counselling service
- Occupational sick pay
- A campus based sports centre and fully equipped gym offering a range of exercise classes and massage therapies
- Supported travel options and incentives such as season ticket and bicycle loans plus excellent transport links
- A number of refreshment facilities and shops across campus, plus our own IDS restaurant and bar
- A beautiful setting in the Sussex Downs.
Applicants for this studentship must develop a proposal detailing their proposed PhD. This proposal must be on a unique topic, but it should also relate to SEEDZ and other work done in the Health and Nutrition Cluster at IDS. Applicants should submit their proposal along with an online application and other necessary documentation to the Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex.
The last date of submission of application is 15 June, 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in UK