2015 PhD Position at University of Oslo in Norway is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .2015 PhD Position
for Norwegian and International Students, University of Oslo is inviting applications for a PhD position in the area of Molecular Medicine at Institute of Basal Medical Sciences. The position as research fellow is related to the project: “Brain extracellular matrix: Impact on pathophysiology of the brain” under the thematic area “BrainXM”. The fellowship period is 3 years devoted to research training or 4 years with a 25 % teaching commitment. The last date of submission of application is May 31st 2015.
Institute of Basal Medical Sciences, University of Oslo in Norway
Position is available in the area of Molecular Medicine for a project related to the: “Brain extracellular matrix: Impact on pathophysiology of the brain” under the thematic area “BrainXM”.
Position is open for pursuing PhD research program at Institute of Basal Medical Sciences.
- Applicants must be M.D. or hold a master degree (equivalent to Norwegian master degrees) in biology, neurobiology, biochemistry or related subjects
- Applicant must be granted admission to the Faculty’s PhD program
- University is looking for motivated individuals with the personal prerequisites to carry out the project
- Background in neuroscience is preferred
- Priority will be given to candidates with research experience in neuroscience including: immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, in vivo imaging, work with primary neural cells and animal models of neurodegenerative diseases
- Applicants with previous experience in writing scientific papers will be preferred
- An adequate level of English language skills is necessary
- Good collaboration skills
and International Candidates can apply for this PhD position.
What does it cover:
- Salary ranging from pay grade: 50 – 56 (NOK 416 600 – 460 400)
- Stimulating and attractive work environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed upon the academic and personal ability of the candidate to complete the project within the given time frame.
Applications should be submitted online. The application must include:
- Application letter (including a summary of the applicant’s scientific work and interests and describing how she/he fits the description of the person we seek)
- CV ( education since high school (place, grade), positions held and details of academic work)
- List of publications, published abstracts, presentations
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruiting systemEasyCruit. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
The last date of submission of application is May 31st 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Norway