2015 PhD research fellowship at University of Oslo in Norway is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .2015 PhD research fellowship
, University of Oslo is inviting applications for PhD research fellowship in plant molecular genetics. Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Molecular Biology. The applicant must be qualified for the doctoral program within these disciplines. The successful applicant should preferably have skills and experience with fluorescent imaging, preferably in work related to monitoring fluorescent sensors. The last date of submission of application is 1 August 2015.
University of Oslo in Norway.
Fellowship is provided in Plant Molecular Genetics at University of Oslo.
Fellowship is available for pursuing PhD degree level at University of Oslo.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Molecular Biology. The applicant must be qualified for the doctoral program within these disciplines. The successful applicant should preferably have skills and experience with fluorescent imaging, preferably in work related to monitoring fluorescent sensors. Experience with one or more of the following methods would also be an advantage: cloning and recombinant DNA technology; gene expression analysis; genetic methods in Arabidopsis thaliana, e.g. using T-DNA insertion, RNAi and/or reporter lines.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Molecular Biology.
- The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
- The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
International Students can apply for the fellowship.
What does it cover:
Position code 1017, Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 429 700 – 482 800 per year)
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency-List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
- Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
The last date of submission of application is 1 August 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Norway