2016 BIGS Scholarships, Germany is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
2016 BIGS Scholarships, Germany
Bonn International Graduate School of Mathematics is offering two type of scholarships i.e. Hausdorff scholarship for pursuing PhD programme as well as qualifying scholarship for pursuing MSc programme. German as well as Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students. The University of Bonn is known for its excellent teaching and research record in mathematics. National rankings recommend Bonn as the best place in Germany to study mathematics. Applicants should include their evidence of proficiency in English. Please submit one of the following i.e. results of a test (TOEFL, IELTS or similar); a note showing previous instruction in English and the record of English courses taken.
- Scholarship is awarded for M.Sc as well as Ph.D. or Pre-Ph.D. program of the Bonn International Graduate School of Mathematics.
- Scholarship is awarded in the field of Mathematics.
- Both awards carry a monthly stipend of 800, 00 EUR.
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- If applicants hold a M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) or are expected to complete their degree prior to the beginning of their prospective Ph.D. studies, they may apply for a Hausdorff scholarship. Hausdorff scholarships are awarded for a period of two years with an optional extension of one more year.
- They carry a monthly stipend of 1468, 00 EUR.
If they hold a M.Sc. degree, but do not feel prepared to start research for a thesis immediately, they may apply for a Qualifying scholarship for the duration of one year.
- If they hold a B.Sc. degree, but do not feel prepared to start research for a thesis immediately, they should apply to the MSc program. The best applications are automatically suggested for a Qualifying scholarship for the duration of two years.
- To advance opportunities for female researchers in mathematics, it is intended to award at least 40 percent of the available scholarships to women, and preference will be given to suitably qualify female candidates, all other considerations being equal. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Nationalities: German as well as Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- If applicants hold a M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) or are expected to complete their degree prior to the beginning of their prospective Ph.D. studies, they may apply for a Hausdorff scholarship.
For M.Sc program: Non-German graduates with an excellent B.Sc. degree (but no further degrees!), may be selected for the two-year Pre-PhD Qualifying scholarship.
English language Requirements:
Applicants should include their evidence of proficiency in English. Please submit one of the following:
- results of a test (TOEFL, IELTS or similar)
- a note showing previous instruction in English
- the record of English courses taken.
Applicant’s ability to speak English should be on the level of the TOEFL with results of 550 points (written test) or 80 points (internet-based test). If they wish to have TOEFL results sent to institution directly, the institution code is 5177.
Native English or German speakers and those with a degree earned in a program conducted in English are exempt from providing the results of a language test. Please add a note to this effect to the appropriate field, or else they will not be able to send the application.
The language of instruction is English, the thesis can be written and examinations can be taken in English. Institution recommend them learn some German while they are here, to make it easier for them to get around.
Documents Required: Materials required for the application to BIGS:
Please note that applicants cannot upload attachments larger than 2 MB! Funding
- Applicants should indicate their funding situation.
- Indicate their housing needs.
- Check if you meet the visa requirements.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Degrees and Academic Records
- Proficiency in English
- Examples of academic work
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Application Form for Masters
Application Form for PhD
- The next deadline will be 15 May 2016 for Admission in October 2016.