2016 Study PhD in Economics in Russia on Scholarship is open for . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Economics taught at National Research University Higher School of Economics . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Doctoral Scholarship at National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia, 2016
HSE University Doctoral School in Economics is accepting applications for PhD. Program in economics for September 2016 intake. The Higher School of Economics is a research university that carries out its mission through academic, programming, peer review and sociocultural work based on international academic and organisational standards. We perceive ourselves as a part of the global academic community and believe that international partnership and engagement in global university cooperation are the key elements of our movement forward.
The aim of the Doctoral School of Economics is to prepare future researchers and teachers who are able to ensure a high level of economic research and economic education in Russia, as well as to ensure further integration into the global economic research community.
Doctoral students have the opportunity to:
- Take modern courses on economics, finance, and economic research methods
- Use HSE’s wealth of library resources and databases
- Take part in research projects at HSE
- Participate in numerous scientific seminars and conferences in Russia and internationally
- Prepare and present a dissertation for a Candidate of Economic Sciences degree (equivalent to PhD degree)
High educational standards for the Doctoral School of Economics give its graduates an excellent starting position in the labour market, as well as open up opportunities for future academic growth and fruitful professional dialogue with colleagues both in Russia and abroad.
Applicants must have good knowledge of English language. The Russian language is a plus.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time PhD degree program (taught in English or Russian).
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to graduate education and research in the following fields: Economic Theory; Economics and National Economy Management; Finance, Money Circulation and Credit; Accounting and Statistics; Mathematical and Instrumental Methods of Economics; and The World Economy.
Scholarship Award: International students are awarded full tuition waivers for the whole period of their PhD program. During the studies, the students will also be able to receive the regular monthly scholarship from the university (based on their academic performance).
Scholarship can be taken in Russia
Eligibility: International students applying for a PhD program offered at HSE University Doctoral School in Economics .
Nationality: International students of any nationality can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: Special discipline, Entry exams are held in September-October.
Examination location: Moscow. The exam will be taken via Internet call services Skype (or equivalent). Permission must be sought from the Doctoral school at an early stage.
English Language Requirement: If applicants submit and internationally recognised language certificate English language exam is waived. Minimum test scores IELTS 6, TOEFL IBT (Internet Based) 80, TOEFL PBT (Paper Based) 500.
How to Apply: Prior the application process in order to be considered for the doctoral school the applicant needs to
Find a research advisor from among professors of the Faculty of Economic Sciences of HSE University, Moscow and receive a written consent from the potential research advisor via email
Get the research proposal reviewed by the Doctoral School in Economics Director Olga Demidova via email odemidova-at-hse.ru, and the Academic Director of Research Program Anton Suvorov via email asuvorov-at-hse.ru
The following documents are compulsory for all applications:
- Application form for entrance exams and enrolment 2016
- Application form (both application forms are necessary)
- Research proposal
- Please organise your proposal under the following headings: Title Research question; Objectives; Literature reviews; Research techniques; References & Bibliography. Please contact the Doctoral school to find out any particular requirements before submitting your application.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of them are from the former applicant’s educational institution
- Copies of education certificates with supplements (e.g. diploma and transcript with a list of courses and final grades). All foreign diplomas must be translated into Russian, notarized, and legalised in the country where the applicant studied.
- Online application for recognition of foreign credentials (in English)
- Please note that diploma recognition by HSE is only valid for internal purposes and is free of charge.
- Copy of the passport
- 4 photos (3x4cm)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 9 September 2016.