2016 University of Tokyo Special Scholarship, Japan is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
2016 University of Tokyo Special Scholarship, Japan
University of Tokyo is pleased to offer International Student Special Scholarship Program for September 2016 intake. The scholarship is available to pursue PhD program at the Graduate School of Science. The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-Supported International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad. The University of Tokyo, abbreviated as Todai, is a research university located in Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan. The University aims to provide its students with a rich and varied academic environment that ensures opportunities for both intellectual development and the acquisition of professional knowledge and skills. Applicants whose native language is English may in some cases be exempted from submitting a TOEFL score, with the advance approval of the Graduate School of Science.
- Scholarship is available to pursue a PhD degree programme.
- Scholarship is awarded in all subjects available within the Graduate School of Science.
- This scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 200,000 yen to self-supporting international student who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
Self-Supported Students with excellent grades who pass the entrance examination for the Ph.D Program at the Graduate School of Science will qualify (however, not eligible if claiming tuition fee exemption) and enter the program in September 2016. Applicants who are already in Japan are not eligible to apply. Recipients of other scholarship as of September 2016 are not eligible. An applicant will be required to withdraw from this scholarship if the applicant is deemed to be the recipient of another scholarship.
- International students can apply for this scholarship.
-One who has obtained one of the following degrees from an institution abroad: a Master’s Degree; a Professional Degree; or a degree equivalent to either of the aforementioned degrees.
-One who has completed 16 years of education abroad or a correspondence course given by (an) institution (s) abroad and has or will have partaken in research for at least 2 years at a university or research center in or outside of Japan before entering the Doctoral program of the University of Tokyo. This individual must also be approved by the Graduate School of Science of the University of Tokyo through an individual entrance screening as being academically equivalent or superior to a Master’s Degree or Professional Degree holder.
-One who has been approved by the Graduate School of Science of the University of Tokyo as being academically equivalent or superior to a Master’s Degree or Professional Degree holder and who is at least 24 years of age.
- The GRE Subject or General Test Score is different for each department. The GRE code number for the University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Science is 7048.
English Language Requirement:
- The TOEFL code number for the University of Tokyo, School of Science is 8002-01. Applicants whose native language is English may in some cases be exempted from submitting a TOEFL score, with the advance approval of the Graduate School of Science.
Applicants require to submit the following documents:
- The University of Tokyo Fellowship Application Form….1 original copy
- One letter of recommendation to the University of Tokyo Fellowship, from the faculty of applicant’s college or university….1 original copy
- Applicants should submit the application documents (section 8) to the Graduate School Office at the time of their Graduate School application for admission to the Ph.D Program.
- The deadline for application is April 30, 2016.