24 PhD Scholarships at Doctoral School of Social Sciences, University of Trento in Italy, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Social Sciences taught at University of Trento . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Trento is offering up to 24 PhD scholarships at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences.
The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
The programme is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarships are available at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 24 scholarships are available.
PhD programme in Economics and Management (9 scholarships):
The programme focuses on the fields of decision sciences, organization, human and natural resource management with special attention to methodologies used in a behavioural approach to economic studies. Such an approach is increasingly adopted to generate predictions about market dynamics, particularly in the fields of finance, natural resources and tourism, and consumption, as well as to design organizations and institutions.
PhD programme in Development Economics and Local Systems (8 scholarships)
– a jointly PhD programme with the University of Florence. The PhD Programme aims to develop the following knowledge and skills:
PhD programme in Sociology and Social Research (7 scholarships):
- Research and training activities in applied economics both in academics and at firms level, systems of firms, public and private research centers, and international, national and non – governmental organizations
- Impact analysis of policies and evaluation/management of programmes and projects
The programme provides state-of-the-art research training and teaches advanced professional skills in sociology and social research. Besides providing a solid foundation in the disciplines, including a broad range of quantitative and qualitative methods, the Programme places strong emphasis on theoretically driven empirical sociology.
International students are eligible to apply.
- Select the Doctoral Programme of interest;
- Log in following the instructions;
- Fill in the forms providing the requested information and uploading the documents specified in the Call.
The application deadline is June 7, 2017.