48 UAB P-SPHERE Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spain, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of Health taught at Autonomous University of Barcelonas . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for up to 48 three years postdoctoral fellowships to experienced researchers under Cofund Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions.
The P-SPHERE project is a long-term program in which two calls will be opened to attract experienced researchers, with same transnational mobility required by the Marie Sklodowska-Curie program.
The COFUND program, which forms part of the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions program, aims to motivate regional, national and international programs which foster excellence in the training, mobility and professional improvement of researchers.
The Autonomous University of Barcelona also known as UAB is a public university mostly located in Cerdanyola del Vallès, near the city of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain. The UAB is considered to be the best University in Spain by the 2012 QS World University Rankings, which ranked the university 176th overall in the world. Its subject rankings were: 144th in Life Sciences & Biomedicine, 92nd[clarification needed] in Arts & Humanities, 106th in Natural Sciences, 95th in Social Sciences and 203rd in Engineering & IT.
Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
The P-SPHERE program is articulated around five multidisciplinary domains, including transversal technologies: Food, Health, Smart and Sustainable Cities, Cultural Heritage and Materials & Energy.
P-SPHERE fellows will receive a three-year working contract. The position is based in Bellaterra, Barcelona (Spain).
Competitive salary package for Post Doc is offered including:
– Living allowance of 36.100€/year (gross salary)
– Single relocation payment of 3000€.
To the above-mentioned amounts, taxes will be deducted. Taxes applied vary depending on many personal factors, you can check your rate at https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/wcl/PRET-R151/index.zul.
The appointment implies entry into the Spain’s Civil Service Pension Fund. Social security and health insurance are covered by the salary.
Other funding (not included in the salary)
– Research activities: up to 3.600€/year
– Mobility activities: up to 3.600€/year
Number of Scholarships:
The project, will offer 3 years fellowships to a total of 48 fellows which will have the opportunity to develop their researcher’s careers in an excellent environment. The P-SPHERE program will offer 48 fellowships in two calls. The second call offers 24 fellowships.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
• Applicants must be PhD holder at call deadline
• Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the call deadline
International applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
• Applications have been submitted in English before the deadline
• Proposals contain all the required documentation
The complete application comprises:
• A certificate of the academic transcript for the degree qualifications o Copy of the PhD accreditation o certification
• Signed declaration stating not have lived/worked in Spain more than 12 months during the 3 years prior to the call’s deadline
• Extended CV (5 pages and up to two recommendation letters)
• Proposed research project (max 12 pages including references)
i. Summary & Objectives (1 page)
ii. State of the art (1 page)
iii. Expected progress beyond the State of the art (1 page)
iv. Research Methodology and Approach (2 pages)
v. Workplan, Gantt chart and Resources (3 pages)
vi. Expected Impact on Applicant Career Development (1 page)
vii. Ethical Issues (1 page)
viii. References (2 pages)
Applications must be submitted electronically. Annexes must be attached as pdf files.
Annex 1: Ph.D. accreditation
Annex 2: Declaration of mobility
Annex 3: Extended CV
Annex 4: Recommendation Letter
Annex 5: Research project
Annex 6: Ethical Issue Table
Fellowship application deadline is October 6, 2017.