60 International Research Scholarships, Sydney in Australia is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
60 International Research Scholarships, Sydney in Australia
University of Technology, Sydney is offering up to 60 International Research Scholarships for the academic year 2016-2017. These scholarships will be awarded to eligible international candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential. It is aimed at attracting high-quality international students to work in areas of research strength. The University of Technology Sydney is a university in Sydney, Australia. The university was founded in its current form in 1988, although its origins trace back to the 1870s. It is part of the Australian Technology Network of universities. Applicants are generally required to hold the equivalent of a relevant master’s or bachelor’s degree with first or second class honours (division 1) or an equivalent or higher qualification.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Scholarships are available for pursuing research programme at University of Technology, Sydney.
- Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
To be eligible for an IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth)
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing (DOHA)
- be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University in the year of the IRS (IRS scholarships are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University); and i. commenced their HDR in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for the scholarship in that year; or ii. commenced an HDR and terminated that enrollment within six months of commencement, or iii. are nominated by their Faculty/Institute for strategic reasons related to their research project, or iv. have been approved for a course transfer to a different Faculty/Institute
- be enrolled as a full-time student
- be an undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration
- not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme.
International students are eligible to apply.
Applicants are generally required to hold the equivalent of a relevant master’s or bachelor’s degree with first or second class honours (division 1) or an equivalent or higher qualification.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The mode of applying is online. All applications require supporting documents to be submitted to UTS. All documents submitted with this application become the property of UTS. The actual support documentation required depends on the applicant, and the type of study they are applying to do.
- Academic transcript, include certified copies of their academic records
- English language proficiency, include a certified copy of their English test score if available
- Details of exclusion (or possible exclusions) from a course on academic or other grounds
- Details of disability or ongoing medical condition that will require they to seek special assistance from the University attach a medical statement from a registered doctor
- Provide a statement of employment from current and all previous employers to substantiate the professional experience you have outlined in their CV
The application deadline is 20 August 2016.