Number of Scholarships: n/a (This program will be newly started from FY2019.
Eligible Nationalities: Fellowship is available for curators and researchers from abroad.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Individuals who conduct the activities stipulated in “Eligible Area and Activities” living in a country outside of Japan (curator, researcher, coordinator, educator, conservator, etc.). All of the following criteria must be met:
(1) Applicant must be a national/permanent resident of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
(2) Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
(3) Applicants must be proficient in either Japanese or English.
(4) Applicants must be able to stay continuously in Japan for the term of fellowship.
(5) Applicants must not violate the law or regulations of their own country by receiving a fellowship from the Japan Foundation.
For details, please refer to the Application Instructions of the Fellowship.
Application Procedure / Download Application at One Time [ZIP: 140 KB] (Contents: Word file)
Application Procedure / Download Application All at once ?PDF: 239 KB?
Deadline: December 3, 2018.