ABCB Student Research Scholarship Program in Australia 2014 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
ABCB Student Research Scholarship Program in Australia 2014
The ABCB is funding Student Research Scholarship Program to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate research in the field of building regulatory reform in Australia. Research areas identified as priorities by the ABCB Office include sustainability, health and amenity, fire resistance, and structure. Up to $5000 will be awarded to the international students for the duration of one year. Students will be selected on the basis of their research objectives, research hypothesis and research method. The ABCB will assess applications on an ongoing basis. There are no closing dates on applications.
- Scholarship is awarded to study building regulatory reform in Australia, which can contribute to the ABCB fulfilling its charter. Additionally, the ABCB currently has a particular interest in student research and development within the following specific fields:
- -Increase in the uptake and use of performance-based building codes
- -Reduce the frequency of false alarms from smoke detection systems required by the BCA
- -Building/Planning interface
- -Evaluation of existing energy efficiency and sustainability tools for potential development into provisions for national adoption
- -Quantification of NCC performance: natural ventilation and lighting; indoor air quality; structural stability or other
- -How to improve collection of relevant injury data relating to buildings (i.e. slips, trips and falls)
- -The suitability of the existing NCC energy efficiency provisions for HVAC services
- -The delivery of education on the NCC in our tertiary education system
- -Climate change adaptation
- Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate research programme.
- Australian Building Codes Board is providing these scholarships.
- The ABCB runs the Student Research Scholarship Program to encourage undergraduate and postgraduate research in the field of building regulatory reform in Australia, which can contribute to the ABCB fulfilling its charter.
- Research scholarship will be available for the duration of one year.
- Up to $5000 will be awarded to the international students.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of their research objectives, research hypothesis and research method.
- To apply for the scholarship, applicants are asked to submit an ABCB Research Scholarship Application Form together with a resume and academic transcript to date to the Research Scholarship Project Officer at abcb.scholarship-at-abcb.gov.au.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be students currently undertaking –
-undergraduate or postgraduate studies in Building, Building Surveying, Fire Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Plumbing, Hydraulic Design or similar at an Australian educational institution; and
-research that forms a component of a program or course at an educational institution (e.g. tertiary), such as a research project, thesis or dissertation.
The scholarship has no residency/citizenship requirements and applicants may be studying full-time, part-time or via correspondence.
- International students can apply for this research scholarship.
The ABCB will assess applications on an ongoing basis. There are no closing dates on applications.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application