ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) 2013 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) 2013
In the Academic Year 2013 beginning in April 2013, GSID will accept Master's Program
students sponsored by the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP). The Asian Development Bank will select scholarship recipients from the selected candidates who have passed the screening by GSID. The scholarship recipients will be notified through the ADB Administrative Office (GSID), Educational Affairs Division for Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences in early December 2012.
Deadline: 12 July 2012
(1) The applicant must be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. Currently, countries(areas) that are no longer borrowing from ADB are Hong Kong, China; the Republic of Korea; Singapore; and Taipei, China).
(2) The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited/recognized university. In addition, applicants should have completed 16 years of formal education or should have received equivalent education. Those with a bachelor's degree but with less than 16 years of formal education must inquire at the ADB Administrative Office (GSID) to check their eligibility by June 15 (Friday), 2012.
(3) At the time of application, the applicant must have at least two years of full-time professional working experience acquired after obtaining their university degree.
(4) The applicant must be 35 years old or under at the time of application.
(5) To be considered for admission the following minimum scores are required on one these tests: an overall TOEFL score of 550(paper-based), 213(computer-based), or 79(internet-based); a TOEIC score of 730; or an IELTS score of 6.0(should include Academic Reading and Academic Writing). The test should have been taken within two years prior to the application. Institutional test scores are unacceptable for
submission. In case these tests are not given in the country of applicants, please consult with the ADB administrative office (GSID) by June 15 (Friday), 2012.
(6) The applicant must be in a good health.
(7) The applicant living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the Scholarship.
(8) Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, officials and staff of ADB, as well as their close relatives, are not eligible for the scholarship.
(9) The program will not, in principle, support applicants who hold a Master’s degree. However, those who have earned their Master’s degree in their home country are eligible on condition that they have completed no more than 16 years of education.
Click here to view details.