Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hitotsubashi University, International University of Japan, The University of Hong Kong, Kyoto University, Kyushu University +11 More, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Saitama University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of Tsukuba Japan, The University of Tokyo, University of Auckland, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Asian Institute of Management, National University of Singapore, Asian Institute of Technology, Thammasat University
All Subjects See Details
Asian Development Bank Members
New Zealand, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Pakistan, Philippine +2 More, Singapore, Thailand
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia & Pacific 2021-2022 is available to undertake Masters level programs at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hitotsubashi University, International University of Japan, The University of Hong Kong, Kyoto University, Kyushu University, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Saitama University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of Tsukuba Japan, The University of Tokyo, University of Auckland, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Asian Institute of Management, National University of Singapore, Asian Institute of Technology, Thammasat University.
Programs covered by the ADB-JSP are postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Only programs offered at the participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
- The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
- The ADB-JSP provides full tuition fees, a monthly subsistence and housing allowance, an allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses.
- The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
- 1. A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants
from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the
- 2. Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an
academic institution .
- 3. A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior
- 4. At least two (2) years of full-time professional working
experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to
- 5. Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In
exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and
managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- 6. In good health.
- 7. Should agree to return to his/her home country after
completion of studies under the Program.
- 8. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and
staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible
for the Scholarship.
- 9. Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the
- 10. Applicants living or working in a country other than
his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- 11. ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already
enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- 12. ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance
learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing,
and research projects.
- Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution and should indicate to that Institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship.
- The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. No separate application to ADB is necessary.
- You must send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Achievement Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students: Engineering and Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney
Henan Government International Awards at Zhengzhou University, China 2021-22