Afghan Women in Leadership Project 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Women in leadership Project (WLD) is now accepting applications from qualified Afghan women to take part in the WLD Scholarship Program commencing early in 2016 and running through to the end of 2017. The Afghan WLD Scholarship Program offers grants to students to help pay for tuition fees and accommodation expenses while attending partner secondary educational institutes located in Kabul, Herat, Nangarhar, Kandahar and Balkh provinces.
The aim of the scholarship program is to enable girls to attend and receive training from reputable institutions in order to meet Afghanistan’s growing need for highly-trained professionals to fill demand-driven occupations.
Promote is USAID’s largest women’s empowerment program in the Agency’s entire history. The aim is to advance opportunities for Afghan women to become political, private sector, and civil society leaders and to build upon existing and previous programs for women and girls.
Scholarship can be taken in Afghanistan
- Scholarships are available for pursuing two-year degree programs taught at top Afghan Institutes.
- Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the institutes.
- Scholarships may vary by region and by the institutions that students select.
In order to fulfill the requisite criteria and be eligible for the WLD Scholarship Program, the applicant must:
- Be female;
- Be an Afghan citizen currently residing in Afghanistan;
- Possess high school transcripts that demonstrate their qualifications and commitment to scholarship adjudicators;
- Demonstrate family support by providing the scholarship committee with a signed letter from one or both parents.
- Candidates will be asked to submit a short essay describing their extra-curricular activities and/or hobbies/ interests outside of school.
Afghan women are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply:
Completed applications must be submitted via email. All applicants for the WLD Scholarship Program must submit the following by December 2016:
- Copy of Tazkira
- High School Certificate/ Transcript
- Nomination Letter
- Personal Statement
- Application Form
The applications for WLD scholarship program are due by December 2016.