AIT Fully-Funded Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships in Thailand, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at Asian Institute of Technology . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Asian Institute of Technology is now accepting applications for fully-funded Bangchak Doctoral Scholarship at AIT for August 2018 semester. Students from any country are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach.
Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral programme.
Scholarships are awarded to doctoral applicants with interests in Green Energy such as smart energy platform and Bio-based product with a focus on value-added from Algae. The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre addresses fundamental and applied research challenges facing the Renewable energy industry worldwide and its objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and creation of enterprises on knowledge-based innovation. The research program concentrates on smart energy platform which includes energy storage, smart device and energy efficiency and bio-based product which can be biomaterial, biodegradable and biomedical. The Centre is generously funded to collaborate closely with top industries and universities domestically and internationally.
All research assistant scholarships are fully-funded (covering the stipend and tuition fees).
Open to students from any country.
- AIT is seeking highly motivated and excellent candidates who possess first-class (honors) bachelors and master’s degrees or equivalent (a GPA or average mark of at least 85% or the top 10% of graduates) in disciplines like Electrical/Power Engineering or in relevant field;
- With relevant industrial and research experience;
- With hardware experience/knowledge on Converters, prototype development;
- With exceptional coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience in design and modeling tools like Simulink/PSIM/LabVIEW/ or other electrical power system analysis and power electronics simulation tools;
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in high impact factor international refereed journals;
- The role of researcher is to carry out innovative research which will lead to patent and commercial products;
- Capable of working with a project team to achieve innovative results;
- With exceptional communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in incubation /founding Start-up Company is an added advantage.
For Admission in January 2018 Intake, please apply online at https://www.ait.ac.th/admissions/application-form/. Along with this application, an applicant should send the following documents in one combined PDF file via email:
- Covering letter;
- Project proposal with pitching ideas which may lead to commercial products/start-ups (2 pages maximum);
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV);
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates;
- Publications relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account and should clearly state the applicant’s contribution;
- Names and contact information of at least two references.
The successful candidate can start immediately in January 2018 Intake.
March 30, 2018