Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships 2013 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships 2013
In 2013, the Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships will be creating several specialized fellowships and working exclusively with partner institutions. We are only accepting applications from journalists at our partner media companies or Muslim journalists from the following countries who are eligible for the Daniel Pearl Fellowships.
Deadline: 01 Aug 2012
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE and Yemen.
CRITERIA of ELIGIBILITY:
- Current full-time employment as a journalist for the news or editorial departments of independent newspapers, magazines, wire services, or online publications of general public interest in a developing country or an emerging market;
- At least three years of full-time professional experience as a journalist in the print/online media;
- Citizenship of a developing country or an emerging market;
- Early to mid-career status and between 25 and 35 years old;
- A demonstrated personal commitment to a career in journalism in a developing country or an emerging market;
- Ability and desire to share what is learned on the fellowship with other journalists at home;
- Endorsement from the management of the home publication;
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English as all activities are conducted in English.
Due to requirements of reporting in the United States, preference is given to applicants who are proficient in using computers and driving automobiles.
Click here to view details.