Amandus H Lundqvist Scholarship Program, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Formerly known as the TU/e Talent Scholarship Program
. Each year a considerable number of scholarships are awarded by TU/e partnered by top international technology companies.
Currently ASML, NXP, Océ, Philips and Bosch are all involved in the Amandus H. Lundqvist Scholarship Program (ALSP)
, named in honor of the former TU/e President.
The scholarships are awarded to students with the best grades in their previous education at renowned universities outside the Netherlands.
Attractive careers in the technological heart of the Netherlands
The TU/e prides itself on its reputation as being the worlds number 1 university for scientific output in cooperation with industry. Furthermore, the region Brainport Eindhoven is one of the most innovative centers for advanced technology in Europe. It has, for example, been the base for the technology giant Phillips Electronics for more than a century. Many more multinational companies have research, development and production facilities close to Eindhoven, including ASML and Océ, two of the ALSP scholarship partners. And in 2011 the Eindhoven region was named the most Intelligent Community in a worldwide survey by the Intelligent Community Forum.
The scholarship program
The scholarship covers a period of five years: two years studying for your Master’s degree at TU/e and three years working for the company that sponsors your scholarship. In this way you will also gain international work experience and increase your career opportunities.
The scholarships will be awarded to highly talented international students who have an excellent academic record, a high score in the selection tests and in English proficiency.
The TU/e will match your academic background and particular skills to the requirements of the international organizations funding your scholarship.
The ALSP scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver and a contribution to living expenses of 5,000 euro for both of the two years of the Master’s program. This is not a full cost scholarship. During the three years of your career launching experience, you will earn a competitive salary.
You automatically enter the selection for ALSP if you are admitted to a TU/e Master’s program having submitted your application before the scholarship deadline of February 1, 2013
Don’t wait too long to apply!
The scholarships are allocated to selected excellent students on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you are an excellent student, don’t leave your application to the last minute or it is possible that you may miss the chance to gain an ALSP Scholarship.
At the start of the scholarship period, TU/e will match your academic background and particular skills with the employer who will sponsor your scholarship.
ALSP scholarship students launch their international career in technology and engineering at their sponsor employer once they have successfully completed their two-year TU/e Master’s program. There are also possiblities to follow a PhD program at a Dutch university.
The following organizations currently fund ALSP scholarships:
- ASML – TU/e scholarship
- NXP – TU/e scholarship
- Océ – TU/e scholarship
- Philips – TU/e scholarship
- Bosch – TU/e scholarship
A portion of ALSP scholarships are also sponsored by the university scholarship fund.
How to apply for ALSP scholarship
The selection process
- Sumit a complete application to the TU/e Master’s program of your choice. Only complete applications, including the online application and all application documents, that arrive before February 1, 2013 will be eligible to enter the selection procedure for ALSP.
- If you are admitted to a TU/e Master’s program AND you have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 80% or higher from an internationally renowned university, you will enter the selection procedure for the ALSP scholarships.
- You cannot apply directly to the ALSP scholarships. You must first apply for a TU/e Master’s program (see below).
- Your application to a TU/e Master’s program is also your application for an ALSP scholarship, unless you specify in your online application that you do not wish to be considered for an ALSP scholarship.
- Each TU/e Department nominates excellent students to the TU/e scholarship selection committee. The TU/e scholarship selection committee awards scholarships to the best, highly talented students. The award is based on the quality of previous education and the student’s academic performance therein.
- TU/e matches the academic background and particular skills of the student to the requirements of the organizations that fund the scholarships. The match is based on the information contained in the application package that you submitted for admission to the TU/e Master program and on a subsequent online survey conducted by TU/e.
- A one-time scholarship offer will then be made to successful candidates. The offer is non-negotiable.
Eligible Master’s programs
- have submitted a complete application package for admission to a TU/e Master’s program before February 1, 2013 for academic year 2013-2014;
- are highly talented, excellent students who have achieved a cumulative GPA above 80% of the scale maximum in their Bachelor’s degree from an internationally acclaimed university;
- are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”). Information on eligibility for this support can be found on the website of DUO. Please note that students who need to apply for a MVV for study are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- comply with the Dutch visa criteria (where applicable);
- have not been granted a scholarship by any other scholarship organization.
- Students who are admitted to ANY of the TU/e Master’s programs automatically take part in the selection procedure for a ALSP scholarship.
- Eligible nationalities: All nationalities except the Dutch nationality.
- Successful candidates will be informed between February 1 and the end of May 2013. All candidates will be informed of the outcome by the end of May 2013.
- ALSP scholarships are awarded for a specific Master’s program starting in a specific academic year and cannot be transferred to other Master’s programs or another starting date.
- the scholarship conditions apply to the two years of the Master’s program AND for the subsequent three years employment in the Netherlands.
- continuation of the scholarship during the two years of the Master’s program depends on the academic achievements of the student. The student’s academic results will be assessed in spring 2014.
- ALSP scholarships are not available to Master’s students who are already enrolled at TU/e.
For more information, please visit official website: www.tue.nl