Apply for Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 at Wuhan University is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Wuhan University China . The deadline of the scholarship is 15 Apr 2022.
TheChinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China to support some Chinese colleges and universities to directly recommend talented international students to study in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students to study for Master and Doctoral degree.
I. Supporting Categories, Duration, Instruction Language and Majors
1.The scholarship supports master’s and doctoral students.
2.Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language study, lasts 1 year for language courses study, whereas 2-3 years for master study, and 3-4 years for doctoral study.
3.Instruction language: Chinese/English.
4.The details of enrollment majors can be found from the following attachment.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1. be a citizen of non-Chinese nationality and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
3. be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
4. have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program. Applicants who have passed HSK ( Level 5) or above can apply for major study directly, and those who have passed the HSK (Level 4) can apply to take Chinese language courses for one year first, then move on to the major study after meeting the requirement;
5. provide a report of English Language Test when applying for English-taught program (TOEFL 80+/IELTS 5.5+). Those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test result can provide a proof of their previous studying at an institution where the teaching language is English, and will be required to take additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
Applicants for English-medium graduate program of clinical medicine should have passed HSK(Level 4) or above as well, and those who have passed HSK (Level 3) can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
1. Firstly, register and submit your online application at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System at http://www.campuschina.org/. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category-- type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
2. Next, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn. Please choose sources of funds -- Chinese Government Program. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University”.
Ⅵ. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English online);
2. Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University (filled in Chinese or English online);
3. A scanned copy of the Ordinary Passport information page. An applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of the information page of his/her passport that will not expire on or before March 1, 2023. Renew the passport if the requirement is not met;
4. Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts（the original notarized copies issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp）. Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate, transcript and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school. The pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. A copy of valid HSK certificate is required if applying for Chinese-taught program. A copy of valid English level certificate for English-taught program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS);
6. A study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words);
7. Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
8. A photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original document, printed by Chinese quarantine authorities, shall be filled in English or Chinese and kept by the applicant.) The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form, which can be downloaded from: http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only six months;
9. An acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (can be downloaded from http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81, filled in Chinese or English),which is not mandatory, but will serve as a priority of preliminary evaluation in granting the Chinese Government Scholarship;
10. A valid Certificate of Non-Criminal Record in English or Chinese. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record (or Police Clearance Certificate) issued by the local public security authority (such as the police station), usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
1. There is no application fee for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program in Wuhan University. Applicants should apply directly to Wuhan University and cannot submit application document through any intermediary agencies.
2. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
3. Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Some of the applicants will receive the interview notice informed by our schools around April. Only those applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation and are informed by our email notice around the end of April should submit us all application documents in one set of hard copies by DHL or EMS. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript, the original document is not required, but the original notarized highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript should be submitted. Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
4. Those applicants who do not receive our email notice before the end of April have failed the preliminary evaluation of the university.
5. In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
6. Please visit the website
http://admission.whu.edu.cn/cn/?c=content&a=list&catid=165 for the frequently asked questions if you have any doubts about the application.
7. About application status, please visit our website for the latest information.
Ⅶ. Admission and Registration
1. The pre-admitted students will be informed by e-mail around the end of May, 2022. The final result of scholarship winners will be informed at the end of July 2022, and the official admission document will be delivered at that time.
2. Admitted students will enroll in early September 2022, and go through the admission and registration procedures at Wuhan University in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
3. The Scholarship recipients shall not be allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Notice after their coming to China.
4. The Scholarship qualification will be evaluated annually.
Mail Address:Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072; Post code: 430072
Person: Ms. Yuan
Email: [email protected]