Australia UNSW Research Scholarships for International Students 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Any areas of research
Graduate (masters, PhD, MPhil)
Country to Study in:
Scholarships are only available to applicants who hold a 4 year bachelor’s degree with Honours class 1 from an Australian institution or an equivalent research qualification/experience. This qualification must be in a field relevant to your area of research. Candidates who do not hold a Bachelor degree with Honours 1 may be considered to have equivalent qualifications if they have demonstrated research performance, relevant professional or direct research experience.
Be an international student and meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health.You cannot defer a scholarship. If you wish to commence a research degree in the following Semester you must re-apply through the next scholarship round. Important note: Visa applications
times can vary. Students should allow adequate time for processing of student visa applications.Be enrolled/enrolling in a full-time higher research degree at UNSW for the appropriate semester. Eligible degrees are Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Masters by Research or Master of Philosophy (MPhil).Be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration.
Awards are made on the basis
of academic merit, research experience and/or research potential. Results would be released from 22 October 2015.
Citizens of ANY country
Graduate Research School, The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia
Fields of study
Doctoral, MPhil or Masters by Research level subject areas identified as one of University's areas of research concentration:
Number of awards
- IIPRS / UIPA: Scholarships available for PhD and Masters by Research in all disciplines.
- TFS plus a Research Stipend: Scholarships available for PhD, Masters by Research and for Masters of Philosophy (in selected disciplines depending on Faculty research areas)
Not specified by provider
The duration of the scholarships are:
- IPRS / UIPA: Provided for 3 years with the possibility of a six month extension provided satisfactory progress is maintained in your candidature for a PhD and 2 years for a Masters by Research.
- Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Faculty Research Stipend: Provided for 3 years with the possibility of a six month extension provided satisfactory progress is maintained in your candidature for a PhD, 2 years for a Masters by Research.
The value of the scholarships are as follows:
Method of Application
- IPRS: Payment of Tuition Fees and an annual stipend of $25,849 (in addition some Faculties may provide a supplementary scholarship for the top ranked applicants)
- UIPA: will cover payment of tuition fees and an annual stipend of $25,849 (in addition some Faculties may provide a supplementary scholarship for the top ranked applicants)
- TFS plus a Faculty Research Stipend: Cost of Tuition Fees and an annual Stipend of minimum value $25,849* funded by a Faculty Research Scholarship to work in specific areas of research defined by the Faculty (in addition some Faculties may provide a supplementary scholarship for the top ranked applicants)
You must apply for Admission at least one day
before you can apply for a scholarship. You only need to have submitted an admission application
, not received an offer of admission, in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship round.
You must read the International Scholarship Guidelines before applying for a scholarship.
Only one set of documentation is required to be sent for both admission and scholarship. Submit all supporting documentation as per the guidelines. Note that you must send Scholarship Academic referee report forms to two referees, with Section A of the form completed.
If you are applying in the discipline areas of Engineering, Business, Science or Humanities/Arts and Social Sciences and would like to be considered for a scholarship place at both the Kensington Campus (Sydney) and UNSW Canberra campus please indicate this on the scholarship application form
It is very important to visit the official website
(link to it is below) to download and read the relevant guidelines, and also for complete
information on how to apply
for this scholarship.
The Semester 2 round of the 2015 International Research Candidate Scholarships is now closed. Results will be released from 22 April 2015.
Applications for the Semester 1, 2016 round of the International Research Candidate Scholarships opened 02 September 2014, and closes 24 August 2015
. Results will be released from 22 October 2015
24 August 2015
More Scholarship Information and Application
Read More: Scholarships in Australia