Austria Scholarships for National and International Students 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Austria Scholarships for National and International Students, Applications are invited for Vienna PhD School of Informatics scholarships to start in October 1st, 2015. The PhD school is open for national and international students (not limited to the European Union), with an objective of a 50% share of international students. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Successful students will receive a scholarship amounting to EUR 1,000 per month to cover the cost of living. The application deadline is June 1, 2015.
Participating Institute: Faculty of Informatics at the Vienna University of Technology in Austria
Study Subject: This year, the call for applications focuses on the areas of Business Informatics and Security.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligibility: The PhD School is open for national and international students (not limited to the European Union), with an objective of a 50% share of international students. The Faculty of Informatics at the Vienna University of Technology invites applicants from all countries to its “Vienna PhD School of Informatics”. Furthermore, a women’s quota of at least 40% is intended (averaged over 3 years).
- Qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified.
- Applicants should have obtained a master’s degree with distinction.
Eligible Nationalities: National and International applicants are eligible to apply for this programme.
Selection criteria: Admission is based on a competitive examination of the applicants, guaranteeing a high level of quality.
Application Procedure: Applications must be entered using the online application.
- The following documents have to be uploaded (all in PDF format) during the online application process:
- Identification Document / Passport
- Provide a scanned copy (a PDF file) of the identification document you indicated in the ‘Personal Information’ section.
- Academic Degrees
- Applications for the admission to the Vienna PhD School of Informatics are accepted from candidates who will have finished their thesis / studies by 01.10.2015.
- Candidates should submit their degree certificate (Master degree or higher) of a post-secondary education institution including course transcript. The submitted documents should be issued by the Universities in English language.
- Students who will not be able to submit their degree certificate by 01.06.2015 have to provide a statement by their thesis supervisor declaring that the student will complete his/her degree by 01.10.2015. In such cases, admission will be ‘conditional’ and applicants must be able to present the relevant degree certificate by October 2015.
- Summary of your diploma / master thesis
- A short summary of the thesis in English (maximum 2000 characters) structured as follows: motivations of the thesis, methods of the investigations, final results.
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Please explain why you would like to join the Vienna PhD School of Informatics.
- English knowledge certificates
- Any certificates attesting knowledge of the English language (TOEFL, IELTS or CAE. For details please refer to the information mentioned below). These tests are NOT required of native English speakers, or if the primary language of instruction at the university attended was English. If the language of instruction was English, please submit a document confirming this.
- Research proposal
- If you have a research proposal, please upload this document together with the other documents. Note: This document is not mandatory.
- Letters of recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation have to be provided. At least one of your referees should have a scientific background. Reference letters have to be uploaded by the referees (not by the applicants!). The detailed process is described during the online application process.
- After Uploading your documents:
- After having entered the online-application, it has to be printed out by just clicking on the “print-out” button. Then it has to be signed, scanned and sent (as an attached document in PDF format) by email to the following address phdschool-at-informatik.tuwien.ac.at.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 1, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application