Avondale International Merit Scholarship 2013, Australia is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Avondale International Merit Scholarship 2013, Australia
Avondale is committed to nurturing students who excel in academic achievement, music and fine arts, mission outreach, sporting achievement and student leadership. Four International Merit Scholarships are available to international students who qualify and enrol in one of Avondale’s undergraduate or Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses. The Avondale International Merit Scholarship 2013 is available for one semester or two consecutive semesters of study. It is worth up to $3,000 AUD ($1,500 per semester).
Deadline: 31 January 2013 for the March intake, and prior to 15 July 2013 for the August intake
This scholarship is available to students commencing an undergraduate or VET course in 2013. Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.5 (scale of 4) or equivalent and excel in at least one of the following areas: school leadership, music performance or fine arts, sportsmanship and sporting achievements, spiritual mentoring, worship leadership, volunteer support roles or community/mission outreach.
Click here to view details.
- The scholarship is available to new students who do not live in Australia, New Zealand or the South Pacific/Oceania region and who do not have citizenship or permanent resident status in any of the territories within this region;
- Applicants must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.5 (scale of 4) or equivalent. For high school leavers this level refers to the final year of high school and for college or university students the level applies to the semester or quarter prior to enrolling at Avondale. Evaluation of an equivalent achievement level in other countries will be at the discretion of Avondale’s Academic Registrar. An authorised copy of the applicant’s academic transcript is required to confirm the GPA;
- The successful applicant will also excel in at least one of the following areas: school leadership, music performance or fine arts, sporting achievements, spiritual mentoring, worship leadership, volunteer support roles or community/mission outreach. A description of achievements in one or more of these activities is to be provided with the application and countersigned by the school principal, guidance counsellor or year advisor;
- Applicants must provide a reference from their school principal/teacher, church or community supervisor validating their achievements;
- The scholarship is not transferable;
- The scholarship cannot be deferred;
- The recipient can only receive benefit from one Avondale College funded scholarship per year;
- The scholarship is awarded subject to the applicant meeting normal admission requirements, and will be implemented once all academic enrolment procedures are finalised;
- The semester value of the scholarship will be applied to the recipient’s account at enrolment and cannot be redeemed for cash, in part or in whole;
- If the conditions of the scholarship are no longer being met at census date, the scholarship will be discontinued;
- The recipient must undertake a study load of at least 24 credit points (4 units) or equivalent in VET courses, per semester. Any approved cross-institutional study will be included when determining a student’s study load for each semester. The scholarship will be discontinued the semester following one in which less than 24 credit points (4 units) are taken; however recipients may apply in writing to the Academic Registrar for special consideration if there is a case of extenuating circumstances;
- Continuance of the scholarship for the second semester of study is contingent on satisfactory academic progress;
- All recipients should be of good standing in the community. Scholarships or part thereof may be revoked at the discretion of the Discipline Committee, where the recipient brings the name of Avondale into disrepute.