Belgium Ghent University FWO-SB Predoctoral Grant for International Students 018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Postgraduate level programm(s) in the field of Molecular Biology, Biomolecular sciences taught at Ghent University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Ghent University is offering FWO-SB Predoctoral Grant within the Department of Biomedical molecular biology. Applicants must have master degree in the field of biomedical sciences, biotechnology and biochemistry, or bioengineering or any related discipline
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Course Level: Grants are available to pursue the predoctoral program.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded within the Department of Biomedical molecular biology.
Scholarship Award: It offers:
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute
- A working environment where quality work, trust, collaboration and commitment are essential.
- A stimulating and supportive international research environment.
- An excellent training program that allows further development of technical, soft and informatics skills.
Nationality: Available for applicants of all nationalities.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligible Countries: Available for applicants of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You have recently obtained or will soon be obtaining a Master degree in a core field of molecular life sciences (biochemistry, biomedical sciences, biotechnology, bio-engineering,), with very good study results.
- Candidates are expected to apply for external PhD fellowships and need to be eligible for at least those fellowships obtainable from the Fund for Scientific Research-Flanders (FWO), except if they come with their own fellowships.
- English is used in all VIB laboratories for scientific communication. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- You are able to work independently in an accurate manner.
- You are motivated, dynamic and you report carefully.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please send us your CV, transcripts of study, a 500 word (max.) personal statements and contact info of two references. Please compile these documents into one PDF document and submit your online application.
Applications Deadline: July 31, 2018