Belgium University of Leuven MDRN Doctoral Scholarships 2018 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at KU Leuven . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The MDRN research centre at the University of Leuven (KU Leuven) is awarding award 6 doctoral scholarships for those who are interested in working at a research centre of excellence within one of continental Europe’s top-5 universities in the Arts and Humanities.
MDRN is a research lab based at the University of Leuven in Belgium. MDRN studies the literature of a key period in European cultural history: the first half of the twentieth century. Europe in the first half of the twentieth century not only saw a series of fundamental changes that affected the whole of cultural life.
In order to be eligible applicants must additionally have a high level of proficiency in at least one of these languages: English, German, French, Italian or Dutch.
Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Scholarships are awarded within the research programme Literary Knowledge, 1890-1950: Modernisms and the Sciences in Europe.
A highly competitive, once renewable two-year scholarship, a budget for research-related travel, the prospect of a post-doctoral career.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– You hold either an MA in English (major in literature), an MA in literary studies (major in German, Italian or French), or an MA in German, Italian or French studies (major in literature)
– You additionally have a high level of proficiency in at least one of these languages: English, German, French or Italian
– You have a passion for literature and want to become an outstanding scholar
– You are interested in European modernisms, the avant-gardes, and the ties between literature and science (understood in the broadest sense)
– You are willing to communicate on your research at conferences, through publications and on social media
– You are happy to work on campus at least three or four days a week
– You are ready to work in a team and to play an active role both in the research programme and the MDRN lab.
You additionally have a high level of proficiency in at least one of these languages: English, German, French, Italian or Dutch.
To apply simply push the application tool button found on the above-listed pages of the KU Leuven job site.