Host Organization: Citadel
Location: London, UK
Designation: International Equities Summer Internship Program
Benefit: The International Equities summer internship program is an opportunity to join one of Citadel's fundamental equities teams in Europe for a unique learning experience.
International Equities Summer Internship Program is one of the best internship opportunities for students by the world-class organization where individuals are acknowledged based on their hard work and talent. The Citadel offers funded internship opportunities in multiple disciplines to allow candidates to work in the UK.
Citadel is located in the UK, a great place to work and grow. Citadel believes in providing people collaborate with supporting resources to respect their originality, growth, and inclusion in a collaborative culture.
Citadel believes in diversity and inclusion, and people from different cultures, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds are welcome here to contribute to making it more diverse and inclusive, where everyone is considered equal.
International Equities Summer Internship Program believes in empowering people with access to the advanced technological means to make their marks and gain knowledge. The internship will help candidates gain quality experience that will be a powerful resource for future opportunities.
The paid internships are meant for candidates to understand their professional roles better and know better about the organisation.
Citadel’s equities teams employ their deep expertise to invest in the equity and equity-linked securities of companies across the globe. The investment approach is to have sector-focused teams that conduct fundamental bottom-up research on businesses.
At the core of the process is understanding each company’s strategy, management team, drivers of performance, and cyclical and secular industry trends over the medium and long term.
Summer interns will work with experienced portfolio managers and analysts to develop the skills of an investment associate. Interns will receive training on financial markets, accounting, and financial modeling, work on research and data projects and have the opportunity to participate in a stock pitch. Interns will have consistent mentorship throughout the program and will be encouraged to develop relationships across the team.
Successful summer internship participants will receive an offer for full-time employment in our newly launched Citadel Associate Program. The Citadel Associate Program seeks to train and develop associates into successful investment professionals on Citadel's platform.
- Build knowledge of European companies and develop an understanding of detailed valuation and financial modeling both in Excel and within proprietary applications
- Learn to analyze related drivers such as supply chain and customer analyses, macroeconomic issues, trade and regulatory issues, and historical trends
- Evaluate material news events relevant to companies under the team’s coverage
- Support the primary research process through channel checks and surveys within the supply and distribution channels of relevant companies
- Maintain data and analysis of relevant industry metrics
- Gain an understanding of proprietary and available third-party technology applications, and how they can be applied to the team’s research process
- Penultimate-year undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements
- Strong quantitative skills and desire to work with numbers to make decisions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to learn and apply efficient financial modeling techniques
- Strong organization skills to help create and maintain investment team infrastructure
- Intellectual curiosity and appetite to collaborate in a team environment
- Interest in working with data sets and applying technology applications
Program Dates: 19 June to 25 August 2023
The first round of interviews: 23 September 2022