Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator – Disability Inclusion, the national UNV Specialist Communication and Advocacy Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
• Develop different content (article, blog, case study, story, concept note) for local and international communications by the direction of the Project Coordinator and UNDP Communication Analyst;
• Contribute to writing, substantively editing and proofreading publications;
• Support communication and advocacy activities; develop communication materials appropriate for people with and without access to the internet on different issues; and support the preparation of meeting minutes and field monitoring report for wider circulation;
• Develop communication and advocacy plan for the project related to disability and update it on a regular basis
• Assist in the promotion of disability-related projects locally and globally through appropriate and timely content development, planning, coordination, and publication.
• Work closely with UNDP Commination Unit to ensure the contents are in line with the UNDP communication ethic.
• Assist the Project Coordinator in organizing the meeting/workshop/training and monitor some activities of the projects.Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level Bachelor degree or equivalent Educational additional comments
Bachelor’s Degree in communication or other related field.Required experience12 MonthsExperience remark
At least 2 years of experience in communication and advocacy related field;
At least 1 year of experience in content development, writing and editing;
Data management skill;
Organizing and communication skills and in-depth knowledge of office software applications.Language skills
· English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
· Khmer(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertiseOther communications related experienceArea of expertise details
Communication and Advocacy related to disability inclusionDriving licenseCompetencies valuesCommitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams.