We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS for 10 weeks during Summer 2022. You will be part of our FIS University – Summer Internship Program and have the opportunity to participate in team projects, social events, and professional development seminars.
About the team
You will join the Global Expansion team, which is responsible for expanding the Worldpay from its FIS footprint into new territories within EMEA. Our mission is business development in those identified markets by acquiring new merchants. This includes also localizing the offering, hosting and managing local events, and driving brand acceptance.
Currently, we have teams located in Spain, France, Italy, Sweden, Germany, South Africa, and UAE.
Our main responsibilities revolve around three areas:
• Business development – sales activities to acquire merchants in all our five main verticals which include retail, travel, digital, fintech, telco, and governmental.
• Marketing – includes hosting events, sponsoring events, participating in associations, and other which drive new leads and sales by positioning Worldpay from FIS
• Account Growth – ensuring the new merchants signed get integrated and ramped up as well as upselling new solutions focusing on the first two years in business with Worldpay from FIS
What you will be doing
• You will work with the VP, EMEA Geo Expansion Commercial Teams, and the Country Leaders across EMEA on various strategic activities fostering expansion goals.
• You will have the opportunity to work on the 2025 Go-to-Market strategic plan execution.
• You will be involved in a specific Pan-European view and detailed insights into the countries and disruptive payment technologies. These projects vary from marketing, events, and social media to partner engagements.
• You will assist to conduct market research on future market disruptors, including but not limited to embedded finance, growth verticals, and adjunct market identification.
• Ideally bilingual in one of the expansion languages to assist with marketing campaigns (Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Nordic languages: Swedish, Finnish, Danish)
Who we are looking for
• Penultimate year of an undergraduate degree, or in your final year of an undergraduate degree with a one-year postgraduate place confirmed
• An interest in financial technology, including payments technology and products
• Self-motivated and willing to learn
• A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ideally bilingual in one of the expansion languages to assist with marketing campaigns (Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Nordic languages: Swedish, Finnish, Danish) What we can offer you
• Multifaceted internship with the opportunity to grow and develop your knowledge in commercial payments solutions
• Competitive full-time paid summer internship
• Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
• Access to a virtual learning curriculum to help develop core soft skills
• A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
• An opportunity to be considered for a full-time opportunity after graduation