Goals of Internship:
The goal of the Programming Internship is to learn how a regional sports network operates - from schedule creation, on-screen guide population, master control operations, and content acquisition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review on-screen guides and team schedules for accuracy
• Monitor live content on air
• Managing weekly paperwork for master control
• Screen new episodes for content and provide opinion
• Search for Public Service Announcements and possible programming
• Assist traffic department with various tasks related to on-air commercials
• Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects at once.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Reliable and creative with a strong work ethic.
• Familiarity with business applications (Word, Excel) and presentation applications such as PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys collaboration.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to take feedback fluidly, communicate design decisions, and iterate on tight timelines
• A passion for brand integrity and high attention to detail.
• Keen sense of organization.
• Able to commit approximately up to 20 hours a week.
• Possible availability for some weeknight and weekend events which will be discussed well in advance.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over the air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!