At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll join a cross-functional team building product features and services for our Supply Chain Management (SCM) platform. You will assume development and operational responsibility for the micro-services and UIs built and maintained by your squad that serves a global audience. Based in Sydney, you will be part of the global SCM Tech alliance.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
• Work in a cross-functional team typically consists of a product owner, 4-5 software engineers, and a quality automation engineer.
• Use agile methodologies, DevOps and continuous delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
• Develop new product features backed by scalable technical solution designs which are catered for a global audience from day-one.
• Coach and mentor other team members through workshops, pair programming, technical spikes, katas, and code reviews.
• Continuously improve your craft by applying various software engineering best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Collaborate with engineers across your tribe and the company to continuously improve our codebase, systems, and processes design.
• Passion for software engineering, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications.
• Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and object-oriented programming (OOP).
• Some understanding of end-to-end software development processes including testing, and continuous integration.
• Any previous experience with building APIs, single-page applications (SPA), Amazon Web Services (AWS), and containers (Docker) is highly desirable.
• Positive and can-do attitude
• Creative at solving problems
• Obsessed with helping people
• Team-player, living, and breathing as a team
• Willing to learn about retail, food, recipes, logistics, customer care, warehouses, etc.
What you’ll get in return...
• Growth opportunity in a large global engineering organization (400+ engineers).
• Opportunities to lateral move from one technology hub to another
• Significant reduction on our meal kits, 70 % off from your first day
• HelloFresh Academies, monthly internal learning & development
• Continuous development including external courses
• Sabbatical policy
• Flexible working arrangements available
• A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 15 countries
• The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
Location: Chippendale Head Office - currently partly working from home
Duration: 6 Month Full-Time Internship (Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm). You must have the right to work in Australia for the duration of the contract.
Start Date: Immediately About HelloFresh