Study in Denmark

Study in Denmark

Denmark is located between northern and western Europe. Denmark is a small country area wise but it is among most desired locations for higher education study. Its most Famous university is University of Copenhagen. Its other five universities are among world top 500 universities. Most of the courses are taught in English.The tuition fee is not very high for non EU/EEA students and there is no tuition fee at all for EU/ EEA Students.

Life in Denmark

Vikings, Hamlet, existential angst (courtesy of Søren Kierkegaard) – many of the things that we associate with the nation are quite gloomy. But a far more fitting cultural ambassador for the modern nation is the world’s most famous brand of brightly colored building block. (Yes, we’re talking about Lego.) Why? Well, Denmark is actually one of the world’s happiest countries. And there is a lot to be happy about. It is an affluent nation with high wealth equality, it enjoys some of the world’s highest levels of press freedom and gender equality, and it is rich in terms of arts and culture. No wonder Danes have an untranslatable word for a sense of cosiness and contentment (hygge). In recent years, Denmarks best-known cultural establishments include the world-famous Roskilde music festival, Noma (crowned the best restaurant in the world for the past three years running) and smash-hit television series The Killing.

Student visas for Denmark

Visa requirements also vary according to whether or not you are from an EU/EEA country. Citizens of Nordic countries are treated as exactly as if they were Danish citizens.

Applicants from the EU/EEA or Switzerland:

  • You do not need a visa.
  • You will need to get a registration certificate – which is simply a confirmation of your rights as an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen. In order to get this you will simply need to prove your citizenship and that you have been accepted onto a course of higher education. You will also be required to show that you have sufficient financial means.
  • You are allowed to work without restriction, but must have a permit to do so, which you can apply for at the same time as your registration certificate.

Non EU/EEA students:

  • Must get a residence permit in order to study in Denmark. In order to get this you must prove you’ve been accepted onto a course; that you can support yourself for your entire degree; that you’ve paid for at least the first semester of your course in advance; and that you can speak Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German. You must apply and obtain this from your the Danish embassy in your home country.
  • Your university must also complete part of the form. This should happen before you fill in your part of the application.
  • The fee you will have to pay on applying will depend on your country of origin.
  • You will need a permit to work, which you can get at the same time as your residence permit. You may only work for 15 hours a week, except for in June, July and August, when you can work full-time.
previous article

Introduction to GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test)

next article

Heidelberg University, Baden-Württemberg, Germany


Leave A Reply

you need to login / register first to add a comment. please click here to login now.