Proposals will be accepted in any discipline/multidisciplinary areas including from the
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences Arts
Grants are available for early career researchers to undertake research.
- Applicants must be based in the UK or one of the partner countries identified. There is no restriction on nationality.
- Only one application can be made per person to/from either Researcher Links – Newton Fund, or Researcher Links partner countries. The same person cannot apply to/from both Researcher Links – Newton Fund and Researcher Links countries.
- In some partner countries this call is restricted to early career researchers, defined as having a PhD and up to 10 years post-doc experience. Consideration is given to those researchers with more than 10 years post-doc experience that have taken a career break. For specific details of who is eligible per country, please see the guidelines document.
- Applicants must have already been awarded a PhD, and PhD students are not eligible.
- A PhD is not a requirement to research in some fields, in these cases equivalent experience will be acceptable.
- Some partner countries may have priority areas of research, and in these cases applications will be restricted to researchers in these fields. Please check the guidelines document for country specific restrictions.
Duration of award(s):
The duration of the research visit can be a minimum of one month and a maximum of six months, depending on country of origin and destination.
The Researcher Links Travel Grant contribution given to support the research visit is calculated using five flat rate budget categories (Travel, Visa, Insurance, Subsistence, Consumables). Additional support based on direct costs can be requested to contribute towards extra childcare costs associated with the visit and special needs.
There will be a two-step selection process, with initial scoring of proposals taking place in the UK followed by further selection in partner countries. The UK score will inform the final funding decision made in-country in collaboration with national stakeholders and partner funding organisations. Eligible applications will be assessed in the UK by one of five Selection Panels:
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Environment, Agriculture and Food Sciences
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2014
Please Click Here to visit the Official website of British Council.
Share this Scholarship for Others