British Journal of Photography International Award in UK, 2017 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of Photography Scholarships taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Photographers around the world are invited to submit their work to a panel of elite industry experts, and one winner will be selected to receive a three-week solo exhibition at TJ Boulting, an innovative gallery in the heart of London, plus a £5000 production grant from the UK’s leading pro-lab, Metro Imaging.
They will also have their work published in British Journal of Photography’s print and digital channels, and showcased globally on We Transfer, the world’s leading file-sharing platform reaching over 80 million creatives each month.
Now in its 11th edition, British Journal of Photography’s annual International Photography Award is a leading showcase for contemporary photographic talent.
Travel to London and hotel accommodation will be provided if the successful applicant is based outside London, allowing them to oversee the installation of their show and attend the opening night. Photographers may enter projects on any topic, shot in any format or camera model, on film or digital.
- The submitted series must be a substantially interconnected body of work, including at least 10 images and a maximum of 30 images.
- Images can be shot in any format, using any camera model, on film or digital.
- Each image can be a maximum of 5MB in size. All images must be submitted as JPEG files – any files submitted in any other format (including TIFF, PDF, PSD etc) will be discarded.
- Your statement must be under 1500 characters in length (approximately 250 words) and written in English.
- Once your images and statement have been uploaded to the system you will see an option to Submit your entry. Once submitted your entry cannot be altered. Only submitted entries will be viewed by the judges.
- Final deadline for entries: 5pm (GMT) Sunday 20th November 2016.
Solo exhibition in London
The winner of the IPA 2017 will receive a three-week showcase at TJ Boulting, an innovative gallery in the heart of London. Working closely with gallery director and established curator Hannah Watson, together they will create an ambitious solo exhibition. Hannah has worked with some of the world’s most respected photographers, including Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin, Alex Majoli, Philip Jones Griffiths and rising star Christina De Middel.
Travel to London and hotel accommodation will be provided if the successful applicant is based outside London, allowing them to oversee the installation of their show and attend the opening night.
£5000 production grant from Metro Imaging
The UK’s leading Pro-lab, Metro Imaging will be offering the winner a £5000 production grant to realize their exhibition at TJ Boulting. With over 35 years of experience working with some of the world’s best-known photographers, Metro’s team of print experts will be on hand to advise the winning photographer on a range of services and production methods for the exhibition.
Deadline for entries:
20th November 2016.