All international students are encouraged and welcome to apply!
The Financial Aid for International Applicants are open at Brown University from 2022-2023.
Financial Aid for International Applicants at Brown University are now available for students if they hold a valid international passport.
Brown University officially announced the upcoming class scholarships. It is considered to be one of the top institutions around the globe.
International students who do not apply for and receive financial aid upon admission to Brown are not eligible for institutional aid in subsequent years, even if a student's financial circumstances change or a sponsor discontinues providing support.
Brown University was founded in 1764 as the College in the English Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. It currently functions in Providence, Rhode Island, United States.
Brown University offers such scholarships yearly to welcome students to the campus.
Financial Aid for International Applicants will open the door to new and better opportunities for selected students and expose them to advanced learning in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs.
Keep reading to learn about Brown University's acceptance rate, GPA requirements, eligibility and selection criteria, and other helpful information.
- Brown University does not offer any merit awards.
You will find the link to apply below.
Brown University Rhode Island USA Financial Aid for International Applicants 2023 is available to undertake Postgraduate, Graduate, Undergraduate level programs at Rhodes University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Brown University will provide financial aid to international students.
- Financial aid is need based.
You should complete secondary school. Brown first-year students will have completed 12 to 13 years of primary and secondary schooling.
National and International Examinations
You should plan to sit for national and international examinations, such as the GCE A-levels, German Abitur, French Baccalauréat, Chinese Gaokao and International Baccalaureate and submit the predicted or actual scores for those examinations as part of your credentials for admission to Brown. We expect the actual scores to be submitted before matriculation. At the time of application, you and your school should submit a request in writing if you are in a national curriculum but are not planning on taking the corresponding external examinations.
English language proficiency must be achieved before international students are admitted.
Since English is the language of instruction at Brown, you must demonstrate that you:
- Understand English as spoken in the classroom
- Express thoughts quickly and clearly in both spoken and written English
- Read English with ease
English language proficiency must be achieved before you are admitted. Brown does not offer courses in English as a second language for its undergraduates and does not accept on a provisional basis students who are deficient in English.
We highly recommend that international applicants take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Duolingo and arrange for Brown to receive the official results. A minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL internet-based exam or 600 on the paper-based exam, a minimum score of 8.0 on the IELTS, or a minimum score of 125 on the Duolingo is expected in most cases. As your safety is our first concern, we do not expect you to sit for any of these examinations in person if it is hazardous for you to do so. We do not currently accept the IELTS Indicator Examination.
Note that in addition, students are expected to complete all other test requirements outlined in the Standardized Test Requirements section of this website.
- Documents or information that will be part of your application file should be written in English or be accompanied by official translations along with original documents in the original language.
- Although an English proficiency examination is not required for admission, we highly recommend that all international students submit the results of the TOEFL or the IELTS or
- Brown does not endorse or work with agents or third parties, with the exception of governments, EducationUSA and community-based organizations.
- Brown expects that students will demonstrate integrity in completing their application and that all work presented for admission to the College will be their own. Students who have violated this policy may have their application denied or their offer of admission revoked.
Start Your Application
Applications to Brown are submitted online via the Common Application. Learn how to apply and start your application.HOW TO APPLY