Business ad- CE-2013 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
SECTION A (MANAGEMENT)
Q2. Discuss importance of Planning in the organization. Briefly describe types of plans.
Q3. What criticism has been levelled against scientific approach to management? How the scientific approach to management is compared with behavioural approach?
Q4. Briefly comment upon contemporary theories of motivation.
SECTION B MARKETING
Q.5 Briefly describe how marketing strategy is formulated.
Q6. Discuss product attributes. Product can be differentiated on the basis of product attributes. Explain
Q7. What is integrated marketing communication? Comment on its major components.
SECTION C FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Q.8 You wish to borrow $10,000 for three years. The bank agrees to lend this amount if you are willing to pay them $16,000 at the end of three years. What is the implicit rate of interest implied if it is applied 1) Annually 2) Semiannually (to the nearest whole percent)? b) An investment of $10,000 will return $130 per year forever. What is its internal rate of return?
Q9. Sapphire corporation is considering cash outlay of $ 800,000 for acquistion of new equipment. The useful life is four years and residual value is zero at the end of four years. After-Tax cash inflows of $200,000 are expected in year 1, 250,000 in year 2, $300,000 in year 3, $400,000 in year 4. The company falls in the tax bracket of 50%.
i) If the required rate of return is 15 percent, what is the net present value of the project? Is the project acceptable?
ii) What is the internal rate of return?
Q10. A stock currently sells for %50 per share. The market requires a 13% return on the firm's stock. If the company maintains a constant 5% growth in dividends, what was the most recent dividend per share paid on the stock?
PART - I (MCQS) ( COMPULSORY )
Q.1 (i) Select the best option and fill in the appropriate circle on the OMR answer sheet ( 20 * 1 = 20 )
1. what are the earning per share (EPS) for a company that earned $ 100,000 last year in the after-tax profits, has 200,000 common shares outstanding and $1.2 million in retained earning at the year end ?
(i) $ 100,000 (ii) $ 6.00 (iii) $ 0.50 (iv) $ 6.50
2. The decision function of financial management can be broken down into the decisions :
(a) financing and investment (b) investment,financing & asset management (c) financing and dividend (d) capital budgeting, cash management and credit management.
3. You want to buy an ordinary annuity that will pay you $400,000 a year for next 20 years. You expect annual interest rate will be 8 percent over that time period. the maximum price you would be willing to pay for the annuity closest to :
(a) $32,000 (b) $39,272 (c) $40,000 (d) $80,000
4. Which of the following would NOT improve the current ratio ?
(a) Borrow short term to finance additional fixed assets (b) Issue long term debt to buy inventory (c) sell common stock to reduce current liabilities (d) sell fixed assets to reduce accounts payable
5. Alto industry has a debt to equity ratio of 1.6 compared with the industry average if 1.4. this means that the company :
(a) will not experience any difficulty with its creditors (b) has less liquidity than other firms in industry' (c) will be viewed as having high credit worthiness (d) has greater than average financial risk when compared to other firms in industry.
6. According to the capital-asset pricing model (CAPM), a security's expected
(required) return is equal to the risk free rate plus a premium :
(a) Equal to the security's beta
(b) based on the unsystematic risk of the security
(c) Based on the total risk of the security
(d) Based on the systematic risk of the security
7. " How people feel about corporations, government agencies, trade unions and universities " refers to which of the following views ?
(a) People's view of others
(b) People's view of societies
(c) People's view of themselves
(d) People's view of organizations
8. Gathering secondary information is one of the
steps of developing the research plan. W hat does the meaning of secondary
information in marketing research?
(a) That does not currently exist in an organized form.
(b) that already exist somewhere, having been collected for another purpose.
(c) that the researcher can obtain through surveys and observation.
(d) that already exist somewhere in an organized form.
9. which one of the following factor is NOT used for measuring
the social class ?
(b) Number of children in family
10. which one of the following three-steps
process represents "perception" ?
(a) Motivation, personality and attitudes
(b) Collecting, eliminating, and organizing information inputs.
(c) Receiving, organizing and interpreting information inputs.
(d) anticipating, classifying and discarding information inputs.
11. Demographic segmentation divides the market into groups based on which of the following variables?
a. size, location, industry, customer
b.size, company, industry, technology
c. location, size, occupation, race
d. customer, technology,industry,company
12. Which of the following are those products purchased for further processing or for use inconducting a business ?
a. Unsought products
b. specialty products
c. shopping products
d. industrial products
13. After concept testing, a firm would engage in which stage for developing and marketing a new product ?
a. Marketing strategy development
b. Business analysis
c. Product development
d. Test marketing
14. Fredrik Taylor advocated which of the following management principles?
a. Work and responsibility should be divided almost equally between management and
b. workers should perform all work , while management should maintain responsibility for the work performed.
c. Managers should perform more work than workers, because managers are generally more skilled.
d. Workers can be highly productive even if they are randomly selected for a
15. General administrative theory focuses on ?
a. The entire organization.
b. Managers and administrators
c. The measurement of organizational design relationship.
d. Primarily the accounting function.