CERN Studentships in Summer, Switzerland 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
CERN Studentships in Summer, Switzerland 2016
Applications are invited for CERN studentships in summer 2016 available for the students of any state other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey). Program offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. The application deadline is 27 th January, 2016.
Subject Offered: Studentship is awarded in physics, computing or engineering.
Degree Level: Studentship is available for undergraduate and graduate students to join in the day-to-day work of multicultural teams. Attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, and take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields.
Participating Institution(s): CERN, Switzerland
Eligibility: You are a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey)
- You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) in either physics, computing or engineering and you are at least in your third year.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2016, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Trainee, Technical Student, User…) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants must be a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey) are eligible to apply.
Scholarship Benefit: It provides:
- 90 CHF/day
- Travel allowance
- 8 weeks
- Choice of dates of stay to be indicated in application
- Health Insurance Scheme (for those students with CERN contracts)
- 40 hours/week
- During July & August you may attend lectures from 09:00-12:30 each day (6 weeks)
- Report to be written by the end of stay
- The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory.
Notification: The final selection results will be communicated to the candidates at the end of April.
Application Procedure for CERN Studentships in Summer, Switzerland 2016
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt which contains a link. You must forward this link to your two referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter. In order to be considered for the programme we need to receive two recent reference letters, a recent academic transcript and a CV in English or French.
Deadline: The application deadline is 27 th January, 2016.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
More about CERN Studentships in Summer, Switzerland 2016
The European Organization for Nuclear Research (French: Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire), known asCERN (; French pronunciation: [sɛʁn]; derived from the name "Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire"; see History) is aEuropean research organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Established in 1954, the organization is based in a northwest suburb of Geneva on the Franco–Swiss border, (46°14′3″N 6°3′19″E) and has 22 member states. Israel is the first (and currently only) non-European country granted full membership.