CEU Botstiber Fellowship in Transatlantic Austrian and Central European Relationships in Hungary, 2018/2019 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of Economics, Political Science taught at Central European University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Botstiber Foundation and the Institute for Advanced Study at Central European University in Budapest (IAS CEU) is seeking applicants to apply for its Botstiber Fellowship in Transatlantic Austrian and Central European Relationships. All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship.
Central European University is a graduate-level “crossroads” university where faculty and students from more than 100 countries come to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of the society’s most vexing problems.
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores. Candidates whose first language is English are normally exempt from this requirement.
Fellowships are available to Junior and Senior researchers.
Fellowships are available for all scholarly work related to the historical, political or economic, and cultural relations between the United States and present-day Austria or the countries that historically make up the Austro-Hungarian or Austrian Empires and Central Europe.
Junior Fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 1,750 USD and Senior Fellows a monthly stipend of 2,800 USD to help support their stay in Budapest. In addition, all fellows and their families receive housing at the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse. Utilities at the Guesthouse will be charged to the fellows. Fellows also receive a travel and a small research allowance but are responsible for their own healthcare provisions.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Qualifications, experience, eligibility
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
- Junior fellows must have obtained a Ph.D. degree issued in 2010 or later and must apply for the junior fellowship. Candidates who obtained their Ph.D. before 2010 are considered “senior” and must apply for the senior fellowship.
- Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets are encouraged to apply.
- Full-time CEU employees and students are not eligible to apply for 5 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must be received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2012, or earlier).
- Part-time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 1 years after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2016 or earlier).
- All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship.
- Former fellows of IAS CEU or former Collegium Budapest are not eligible to apply until a period of 7 years has passed since their previous fellowship. Applications may be considered only in exceptional cases.
- Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and CEU.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship.
All applications must be submitted through our online application system.
Create a single pdf file no larger than 12 MBs containing all your application package.
Your application package should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter
- The abstract of your research project (max. 150 words)
- A description of your research project (min. 1,000 – max. 2,500 words; the reference list is not included in the word count)
- A CV including a list of up to 5 (in case of junior applicants) and up to 15 (in the case of senior applicants) of your most important publications. For junior applicants ONLY: the name and email address of two referees (for potential reference).
Go to the Application Form for the Academic Year 2018/19 at the IAS CEU website at application form
, and fill in all your data as required. Do not forget to upload your application file in the specified section!
Fellowship application deadline is October 8, 2017.