CIMI LabEx Research Fellowships 2017 is open for . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
CIMI LabEx Research Fellowships 2017
CIMI LabEx is offering research fellowships for French and foreign applicants. The research areas should be developed within the activities at the Institute of Mathematics of Toulouse (IMT) and the Institute of Research in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT).
The goal of CIMI is to establish itself as a leading international center in mathematics, computer science, and their interactions. This original combination within a single structure goes beyond the current conventional collaborations and creates a real synergy suitable for achieving global excellence in research and in exploring innovative research areas.
CIMI is a unique place for research in mathematics and computer science attracting high-level scientists and students.
- Fellowships are awarded for pursuing the research programme.
- The research areas should be developed within the activities at the Mathematics Institute of Toulouse (IMT) and the Institute for Research in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT).
- The successful applicants will receive a net salary ranging from €2,700 to €3,200 per month according to experience. They will thus benefit from health insurance and social coverage. They will participate in the scientific activities of the laboratory, in particular to seminars and working groups.
Scholarship can be taken in the France
Eligibility Criteria: The positions are open to French and foreign researchers with a minimum of 3 years work experience following their doctoral degree. The offer is not theme-based and all mathematical and computer science disciplines are welcome. The selection will be based on excellence in scientific accomplishment and the quality of the scientific project. Interactions between mathematics and computer science will be closely examined. The CIMI LabEx applies an equal opportunity policy in recruitment.
Eligible Nationalities: French and foreign researchers are eligible to apply for research fellowships.
Entrance Requirement: The position is open to French and foreign researchers with a minimum of 3 years work experience following their doctoral degree.
English Language Requirement: Since the language of instruction at French universities and colleges is French, applicants are required to prove their level of command of the French language. If they are enrolling in the first or second year of a study program at a university in France, they must prove they have the adequate level of knowledge of French by either passing a language test or by obtaining a degree in French. If they are applying for studies at a Grande École, or they intend to study in the third year of a study program or plan to enroll in a master’s or Ph.D. program, they will have to check the French language requirement with their school in France since it varies depending on the study program. In general, applicants are expected to have a level of command of the French language corresponding to B1/B2 in the European Language Passport.
Test Requirement: Applicants need to clear the following test:
- TCF (Test de connaissance du français – Test of knowledge of French):
- Le TEF (Test d’évaluation de français – French assessment test)
- Degrees in French
- The DELF (Diplôme d’études en langue française – Diploma of French-language studies)
- DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue française – Advanced diploma in French language).
Application Procedure: All applications must be submitted online. Applicants must be able to provide the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae with the list of publications
- A motivation letter
- The proposed scientific project (around 2 pages)
- A detailed letter of support from a local contact at IMT or IRI
- Two detailed recommendation letters.
Deadline: The application deadline is February 3, 2017.