Commonwealth scholarships 2015 for Developing Countries at uk is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Applications are invited for Commonwealth academic fellowships available for mid-career academics from developing Commonwealth countries. These fellowships enable fellows to spend three months to network and update knowledge and skills related to their academic subject and responsibilities at any approved UK university or higher education institution. The CSC also invites alumni who held Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD to apply directly to the CSC for a Commonwealth Academic Fellowship. All eligible alumni will be sent a letter with details of how to apply. All applications must be made through your nominating university/university body in applicants’ home country.
Commonwealth scholarships 2015 for Developing Countries.
- The purpose of the Academic Fellowships is to provide an opportunity for Fellows to network and update knowledge and skills related to their academic subject and responsibilities.
Duration of award(s):
- Fellowships are awarded for mid-career academics to spend three months undertaking research and updating their skills at any approved UK university or higher education institution.
- Awards are tenable at any approved UK university or higher education institution, for between three and ten months.
- Justification must be given within the application for the length of award requested.
To apply for a Commonwealth Academic Fellowship, candidates should:
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be available to commence their Fellowship in the United Kingdom on 1 October 2015. Any other start date will only be permitted in exceptional circumstances
- Have been employed for at least five years as an academic staff member of a university in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be in the employment of the nominating university
- Hold a doctorate
- For awards to enhance clinical skills in the fields of medicine and dentistry, have qualified as a doctor or dentist before 1 October 2015.
Each Fellowship provides:
Application Deadline: 03 Dec 2014
Please Click Here to visit the Official website of university.
Share this Scholarships for Others
- Approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Fellowship (the cost of journeys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Fellow’s dependant)
- A research support grant fixed according to subject
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £1,467 per month (£1,819 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area) – rates quoted at 2014-2015 levels
- A grant towards the expenses of preparing reports and other written work
- An initial arrival allowance, incorporating an initial clothing grant for Fellows from tropical countries
- A grant for expenses for approved travel within the United Kingdom or overseas
- Candidates should note that there is no spouse or child allowance available.
- A Fellow who is widowed, divorced or a lone parent and accompanied by children for whom she/he is solely legally responsible will receive an allowance in respect of the first accompanying child and child allowances for the second and third accompanying children.
- The level of financial support given towards the costs of family maintenance in the UK is under review and is subject to change in terms of both eligibility and rate availability