Scholarships are available for Masters degree level.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (a full list is available in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2015 prospectus)
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2015
- Hold, by October 2015, a first degree of at least upper second class Honours standard
- Not have undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country
- Be unable themselves, or through their families, to pay to study in the UK
- The CSC and host UK universities jointly meet the full costs of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (arranged by the host university; funded by the CSC)
- Approved tuition and examination fees (funded by the CSC)
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £977 per month (£1,208 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area) – rates quoted at 2014-2015 levels (paid and funded by the host university)
- A grant of £225 towards the expenses of preparing a dissertation, where applicable (claimed from the host university; funded by the CSC)
- An initial arrival allowance, including visa reimbursement where applicable (funded by the host university)
- A grant of £200 for expenses for approved study travel within the UK or overseas (claimed from the host university; funded by the CSC)
- Excess baggage allowance for up to 10 kilograms of books only, when returning home (funded by the CSC)
- No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants.
Number of Awards:
- The applicants should apply via internet.
- Candidates must apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship using one of two methods, as instructed by the university:
- Via university: Applying to the university in the first instance using the university’s own application form. If selected, candidates will then be asked to submit an application to the CSC using the EAS. Any applications made via the EAS only and not directly to the university first will not be considered.
- EAS only: Applying to both the university and the CSC at the same time using the EAS.
Application Deadline: 16 April 2015
Please Click Here to visit the Official website of University.
Share this Scholarship for others