Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at UK Universities 2019 is open for Commonwealth Countries The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at UK Universities The deadline of the scholarhip is .
Scholarship description: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities. The scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching.
Participating Universities: Participating UK Universities
Degree level: These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Eligible Nationalities: Nationals of an eligible Commonwealth country
Scholarship benefits: Each Scholarship provides approved tuition and examination fees, approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award, stipend at the rate of £1,084 per month, or £1,330 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018-2019 levels), warm clothing allowance, study travel grant, and excess baggage allowance.
The scholarships are usually tenable for one year only.
Eligibility Criteria: To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, candidates must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
• By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
• Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
• Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Application Procedure: You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme. You must secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Shared Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. All applications must be submitted by 16.00 (GMT) on 14 March 2019 at the latest. Each university has its own closing date for admissions.
It is important to read the 2019 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.